The Commercial Specialists will be responsible for all post-award contract administration and commercial issues relating to the project. Responsibilities will include advising the Client on contract and commercial issues, administration of consultant and contractor contracts, agreeing processes and procedures, and with a team of post-award Contract Administrators. They will work with the Senior Commercial Manager and provide advice, as required, in the development of contractual documents for inclusion in the tender process.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Extensive knowledge of post-award contract administration tasks required on major infrastructure & building construction projects, from contract award through implementation and project close-out.
2. Provide advice and guidance to the Senior Commercial Manager, project team and Client as required. Liaise with other project team members and together prepare appropriate contract documents.
3. Provide commercial and contractual support to the package managers in the post-award stage.
4. Provide advice on the range of duties carried out by the contract administrators, including drafting contractual correspondence, attendance at meetings, administration and checking of contractor's
interim payment applications as part of on-site construction management team.
5. Liaise and provide information to project cost controllers relating to recommendations for payment and provide assistance in the maintenance and updating of the cost management system.
6. Co-ordination of the administration, review, reconciliation and settlement of claims and disputes, providing advice and comment on extension of time requests.
7. Provide input into monthly cost reports inclusive of details and written comprehensive analysis of performance, trends, deviations and assumptions.
8. Carry out appropriate actions during Defects Liability periods as required.
9. Coordination of Close-out and agreement/settlement of final account.
10. Provision of commercial advice to the project team.
11. Provide input into the risk management process.
Bachelors Degree and / or Masters Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent qualification essential.
Specific Skills Required
1. Ability to organise, coordinate and lead a team of Quantity Surveying professionals.
2. Experience in post-contract functions including the review preparation of model contract documents and other contract administration duties.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Computer literate with well developed skills in MS Office Suite, specifically MS Word and MS Excel.
5. Customer-focused with ability to meet customer demand for sector knowledge and expertise.
6. Motivator and leader with strong sense of responsibility required.
Person Specification (Personality Attributes)
1. Demonstrates a high level of coordination, leadership and analytical skills.
2. A good team player, approachable, flexible with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills, with excellent mentoring and team building skills.
15-20 years experience, emphasis on previous work with major utility or major construction projects. Provide commercial advice and support to project team, and commercial management from contract award to project closure. +3 years experience in the Middle East preferable.
Knowledge and/or experience of tender procedures and contractual conditions as used in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is a distinct advantage.
About the Company
About the Company
AECOM is a global provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government. With approximately 45,000 employees around the world, AECOM is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural, and social environments. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in approximately 125 countries and had revenue of $7.3 billion.