Commerical Management Director – AFGRE
Al Futtaim Group
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE)
Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) is the real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim group which is headquartered in Dubai. AFGRE is responsible for the origination, conception, development, procurement and construction of mega projects and the leasing, sales and operation of these projects after completion.
In addition, AFGRE develops and operates an extensive multi-million dollar portfolio of individual corporate real estate and investment assets across the MENA region.
The two current flagship mixed use urban communities under the Festival City brand are the award winning, Dubai Festival City (5.2 million square metres) and Cairo Festival City (3 million square metres).
About Cairo Festival City
Cairo Festival City is the second fully integrated mega project to be progressively delivered. Encompassing the finest shopping, dining, entertainment, homes, school, offices and leisure, Cairo Festival City is connected by an internal road network and a necklace of parks interlaced throughout the city. Upon completion, Cairo Festival City will be home to over 13,000 residents in villas and apartments and a place to work for 50,000 office staffs.
We are currently looking for a Commercial Management Director to provide Commercial Management Services across multi-program work in locations worldwide and setting commercial and project control strategy and policy for implementation
Key Responsibilities of the role will be:
* Develop, maintain, and expand the Al Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE)Â Egypt business and act as the Director of Commercial Management ServicesÂ
* Implement cost management, contractual project control and planning systems and processes for the AFGRE business
* Manage and direct the Commercial Management services department to ensure implementation of budget, cost and risk management across team
* Develop strategy for procurement of projects and consultancy services to meet lime, quality, and cost requirements of the development plan
* Manage resolutions of claims and disputes using outsourced and internal resources dependent on complexity, size claim and resources available in compliance with contractual terms and timescales
* Ensure the production, maintenance of accurate budget reporting on a monthly basis
* Maintain appropriate levels of staff for proper Commercial Management Services as well as direct the Administration team
* Able toÂ manage and implement PlanningÂ Services and Project Services
* Advise on risk allocation for development progress including the progress through contractual and insurance means to offset commercial risk whilst ensuring compliance with the Delegation of Authority
* Develop and implement key project controls including development of stage gate approach
* Provide support to feasibility and development teams in life cycle costing and preparation of investment case feasibilities and strategies
To apply for the role you should have the following skills and experiences:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
* University Graduate in Construction, Economics, Quantity Surveying, or equivalent
* Profession qualifications (MRICS, MCIOB)
* Proficient in MS office (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint) and knowledge of Primavera, Expedition preferable
* Fluent in English
* +20 years' experience in senior position and/or directorship in commercial role (contractors, clients, consultants, and developers) in the real estate or construction sector
* Able to effectively take on a leadership role
* Extensive knowledge of the real estate development and construction sector
* A good communicator, listener and have an understanding of conflict management
* Able to make sound, concrete decisions and set the commercial and project control strategy and policies
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.