Purpose of Role:
The Commissioning Manager is a senior role providing leadership, strategic planning and management of all site-based Commissioning activities and personnel. The candidate will proactively engage with Project team and client project stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition of activities from the construction phase of the project into the commissioning phase and onward into maintenance post handover. The role requires a sound technical understanding of high end integrated security technologies including; Access control, CCTV, Vehicle search systems, Physical access devices and control centre integration
The role is based on a refinery facility in the North of Iraq where accommodation and life support will be provided.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• To lead and manage the Pre-commissioning & Commissioning programme pre-requisites in accordance with defined project standards and processes.
• Manage the production and submission of Project documentation associated with the requirements of the commissioning workstream
• Prepare integrated schedules & plans for the commissioning function which contribute to overall Project Programmes
• Create and manage suitable tracking and reporting tools to monitor progress and achievement across all pre-commissioning and Commissioning activities
• Act as the single point of contact and SME for Commissioning standards and requirements for the project.
• Define roles and responsibilities for commissioning activities for subcontracted or specialist suppliers
• Direct and close management of specialist subcontractor teams to assure the defined quality and programme requirements
• Assure confirmatory to project QA process associated to commissioning.
• Asses and manage requirements for tools and test equipment associated with commissioning of the integrated security systems.
• Assure the validity of current calibration and certification of test equipment used on the project
• Review & continual improvement of existing Pre-commissioning & Commissioning documentation and processes.
• Develop the training programmes for end users including third party vendors and specialist subcontractors
• Responsible for the planning, management and welfare of the commissioning team as a whole (both Subcontract and direct)
• Define document and communicate technical & Schedule risks, dependencies, and issues that exist and be able to quantify these and the impact that they may have on the project.
• Handover sub-systems & systems to Clients representatives
• Minimum 8 years experience working in a complex security integration field with demonstrable experience of working in a construction and contracting environment on projects in excess of $10m
• Demonstrable experience of management of muti-vendor solutions and management of subcontract and partner organisations
• Good working knowledge of – and interest in – all areas of Security Design and Requirements.
• Effective Leadership and communication skills.
• Ability to quickly develop professional and trusted relationships with a variety of cultures and clients.
• Willingness and ability to work flexibly and diligently.
• High level of self motivation and an ability to work with a high level of initiative and limited supervision, in high pressure situations.
• Strong team player who can communicate, motivate and interact effectively with technical, commercial and clerical team-members.
• Good degree of IT Literacy – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
Broad knowledge and understanding of the following Technologies and systems:
i. Xray screening systems
ii. Time and attendance systems
iii. Access Control
iv. Thermal and CCD Cameras
v. Physical Access devices (Blockers, Barriers, Gates etc.)
vi. Control room integration and video wall technology
vii. Fibre Optic systems
viii. Cisco Networking LAN and associated technologies
ix. Database Integration and associated conduit software
x. UPS Systems and small Power Generation sets.
xi. PIDS and associated control systems.
xii. Under Vehicle Search systems and ANPR systems
About the Company
About the Company
Olive Group is a global provider of integrated security and risk mitigation solutions that enable governments, non-governmental and international organisations, and commercial customers to assure high-value assets.
The company offers an array of security services and technology-enabled solutions to support critical infrastructure protection, post-conflict reconstruction, humanitarian work and emerging
Olive Group operates in over thirty countries with principal offices in Dubai, London and Washington, D.C.