Compounding, Labs, and Distribution Supervisor
Petrochemical Conversion Company (PCC)
Provides Operations expertise for the Compounding Plant, Logistics and Laboratory management across the Nylon and Compounding Plants at the PCC Jubail plant site.
Promotes proactive safety behaviours in a multi-cultural workforce during construction, commissioning and start up phases of the PCC project.
Leads the Compounding Plant Operational Team in Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Promotes team work amongst all functional groups, and teaches others how to run the plant in a safe, incident free, reliable manner that reduces costs, increases productivity, and most importantly, continually reduces the risk of accidents and injuries.
CONSTRUCTION, COMMISSIONING, START UP PHASE
- Participates in the development of schedules, plans, and procedures for the commissioning and start up of the plant and laboratories.
- Assists in the transition of project information to the document management systems as required to ensure long term availability of critical documents (PSI data, procedures, design specs and codes, etc.)
- Participates in the development of all training plans, schedules, presentations, modules, qualification tests and other tools needed to prepare personnel to operate the plant and laboratories in a safe, incident free manner.
- Demonstrates safety leadership by role modelling safe behaviours and demonstrates practical knowledge of safe work practices.
- Promotes the concept of proactive safety, and takes personal responsibility to seek out “at risk” behaviours and conditions in order to achieve the overall goal of zero incidents.
- Leads the deployment of the training process, as well as mentoring and coaching new employees to ensure they are fully trained and qualified, know their responsibilities and therefore are successful in their work activities.
- Manage commissioning and start up plans for assigned areas.
- Work effectively with multi-cultural personnel to execute work assignments.
PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES
- Ensures all personnel document and maintain best-practices and procedures that ensure safe, incident-free, reliable, cost effective plant / laboratory operations, maintenance activities and raw material / product logistics and handling.
Sponsor all key work processes required by company Operational Excellence System, e.g. MOC, Project Management, Product development activities, etc
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Ensures training programs are developed and deployed for all personnel so they will work in a safe, incident-free manner.
Ensures that there are practices, procedures and training programs for all significant activities.
Ensures personnel are coached (and mentored) in the safe, incident-free operation of the Compounding Plant, Laboratories and all Warehouses.
Ensure personnel understand and follow all safe work processes, Tenets of Operations, and know their roles and responsibilities for executing the Operational Excellence Management System practices and procedures.
CONTINUOUS RELIABILITY IMPROVEMENT
- Lead improvement teams for equipment and management systems.
- Ensures personnel identify and track efficiency and cost data associated with all operational activities.
Ensures personnel understand / implement strategic improvement plans.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND COMMUNICATIONS
Support preparation of manpower plans, expense budgets and capital budgets that ensure the efficient execution of maintenance and turnaround activities.
- Ensures operations personnel audit and provide oversight and coordination of contract personnel to ensure they work safely and provide a high quality of service to operations groups.
- Ensure critical policies, practices and procedures are documented and maintained in accordance with the Operational Excellence System Standards and Specifications.
- Ensures personnel carry out document management and retention activities as scheduled and in a timely manner.
OPERATING CONTEXT, BOUNDARIES AND DECISION MAKING
The job holder provides organizational leadership and accountability for the Compounding Plant Operating team, the Laboratories and Logistics management for all raw materials / products. The job holder will lead their team during the commissioning and start up activities on the Compounding Plant, Laboratories and Warehouses including all Raw Material / Product handling operations.
Sponsors improvement teams by providing priorities as well as managing resources and budgets. Externally has contact with counterparts in SChem, PCC, and equipment manufacturers to identify and adopt best practices applicable to PCC equipment operation, maintenance activities, laboratory analysis and distribution activities.
Makes recommendations and supports development of proposals for budgets, staffing, projects and changes in order to improve the safety, efficiency and profitability of the Compounding and Nylon Plants.
Training: Must have knowledge and experience of plant operations including operations and maintenance planning, training, scheduling, safe work practices and incident free operations practices.
Must have excellent verbal and written English communications skills. Proficient in MS-Office programs. Experience with SAP systems or other Enterprise Reporting Systems (CMMS, etc.). Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills and organizational accountability processes; good multi-tasking skills. Prior Supervision experience is preferred by not mandatory.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience in positions supporting plant operations or maintenance. Must have experience with plant processes for quality, laboratories, operations, maintenance, distribution, budgeting, training and product development. Having supervisory experience in a manufacturing and / or laboratory environment as well as Middle-East work experience would be preferred.
About the Company
About the Company
Petrochemical Conversion Company Ltd. (PCC) is a joint venture between Saudi Industrial Investment Group and Arabian Chevron Phillips Petrochemical Company Ltd. PCC is developing a state-of-the-art Greenfield Industrial Park to include the following manufacturing plants: Nylon 6,6 Plant, Nylon Compounding Plant, HDPE Pipe Plant, Drip Irrigation Plant, Automotive Parts Plant, Medical Specialties and Pharmacological Supplies Plant, Electrical Parts Plant, and Complex Caps and Closures Plant. The Industrial Park will be one of the first facilities constructed in the Jubail II industrial area of Saudi Arabia.
We will be hiring for all positions starting 2011 through 2013. Come join our team as we start this new venture!