Construction Manager – Drainage & Sewerage – Site Based
PB (Parsons Brinckerhoff)
Parsons Brinckerhoff are currently working on a major roads and drainage in Doha, due to the construction phase about to start we are looking to recruit an experienced Construction Manager to be site based on the project.
The role of the Construction Manager will be to monitor the work of the construction to ensure quality control and contract compliance for the project and that it stays within a timely and cost effective manner.
Key duties for the Construction Manager will include:
• Oversight, inspection and monitoring of a number of project sites.
• Provide direction to all contractors and supervise them when needed to
• Coordinate with the site in order to obtain priorities
• Negotiate with necessary companies to get sufficient equipment etc
• Assign work to other members of the team
• Ensure all report and approvals are gained from the relevant authorities
• Management of issues pertaining to construction quality, cost and schedule
• Participation in pre-construction meetings
• Overseeing the preparing and distribution of monthly progress reports from all contracts within the discipline
• Carry out reasonable instructions by managers
• Observe HSE rules at all times
Qualifications and experience:
• Substantial Construction Management experience within major roads and infrastructure projects as well as sewerage and drainage experience
• Experience of supervising a number of projects at one time
• Ability to manage the workers and issue clear instructions
• Strong communication skills
• Previous experience of working on major infrastructure projects
• Degree in Construction Management or similar relevant qualification
• Middle East experience preferred
About the Company
About the Company
PB is one of the world's leading planning, engineering, and program and construction management organizations.
Established more than 125 years ago, PB is proud to serve our clients in all facets of Power, Environment, Transportation and Infrastructure projects as well as the overall communities in which we live and work.
Our diverse and comprehensive offerings are a natural extension of our experience and core skills. We help shape some of the world's largest and most important public works projects.
PB defines success by the sustainable value we deliver to clients, communities, our employee-owners and our profession. I invite you to explore how our people, history and expertise are enabling us to accomplish our mission: to be a positive and highly influential force in the development and operation of infrastructure throughout the world.