Hyder Consulting is an award-winning multi-national advisory and design consultancy, specialising in transport, utilities, and property and environmental sectors, and listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2002. With nearly 4,000 people across our regions - Asia, UK, Europe, Middle East and Australia - we offer clients the benefits of global expertise coupled with local knowledge. We are totally committed to providing excellent client service through the quality of our people. We take great pride in resourcing quality professionals and creating a pleasant and friendly working environment. We seek staff who thrive on challenges, both technically and commercially, staff who wish to work as part of a professional team.
Fulfilling a senior role within team, providing leadership and mentoring to the team members. Identifying and minimising Hyder Consulting project risk. Managing the co-ordination and delivery of projects to meet time quality and budgetary targets, whilst meeting or exceeding Clients' expectations. Acting in the capacity of the Engineer and ensuring that the construction contracts are administered correctly within the terms of FIDIC. Preparing consultants tender submissions, review and assessment of contractor tenders. Identify, recruit and retain key staff.
The main duties of the Senior Resident Engineer include, but are not limited to:
* Oversee all Projects.
* Maintain awareness of project progress and plan staff mobilization and demobilisation accordingly
* Assist Resident Engineers with interpretation of contracts
* Monitor Resident Engineers compliance with contract requirements
* Maintain awareness of the financial status of projects.
* Liaise with clients and contractors on a regular basis and build relationships
* Represent the Company as the Engineer
* Coordinate and ensure uniformity of Resident Engineer's activities
* Liaise with local Authorities when required
* Ensure project supervisory staff levels are satisfactory
* Liaise with all parties for site safety.
* Advise on contractual and construction matters
* Maintain awareness of current market conditions.
* Maintain awareness of appropriate international developments
* Directing subordinate members of the project teams, including Resident Engineers, Assistant Resident Engineers and other site staff in relation to the assigned work on the projects.
* Monitoring project quality and risk profiles.
* Monitoring deliverables for which the Resident Engineers are responsible, including drawings, reports, co-ordination, Quality Assurance documentation and registers in relation to the assigned work on the project.
* Providing technical and contractual advice to the Senior Resident Engineers/Resident Engineers/Project Leader/ Team Leader with respect to the assigned work on the project.
* Acting as Project Manager/Team Leader as and when required.
Education / Minimum Qualifications
* Minimum of eighteen (18) years postgraduate experience.
* Minimum of eight (8) years experience in major project design or construction.
* Minimum of five (5) years experience in construction contract administration.
* Experience in supervising piling/reinforced concrete/structural steel/road construction/bridge construction/drainage/water supply/HVAC/ electrical installations, preferably with interdisciplinary co-ordination.
* In depth knowledge of FIDIC
* Knowledge of BS or international design standards.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* An ability to identify innovate solutions to problems and obtain resolution.
* Ability to team build, organise and prioritise.
* Experience in Microsoft applications.
* Ability to build rapport with work colleagues.
* Construction/maintenance experience desirable.
About the Company
About the Company
Hyder Consulting is a multi-national advisory and design consultancy. We have been in operation for over 150 years, working on some of the world's most iconic landmarks and infrastructure including the world’s tallest building in Dubai - Burj Khalifa, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Tower Bridge in London, the new Berlin airport and the Taiwan High Speed Railway.
Our international pedigree is further highlighted by our long-standing presence in our regions: we have been in business for over 150 years in Europe, 100 years in East Asia, 70 years in Australia and 45 years in the Middle East. We have built on this diversity and today 72% of our revenue comes from outside UK.
We employ around 4000 people and apply our global expertise coupled with local knowledge to create award winning solutions for the property, transport, utilities and environmental sectors.