Contract Administrator (Construction)
Contract Administrator (Construction) - Atturaif, Riyadh
Addiriyah is located on Wadi Hanifih banks to the north-west of Riyadh, 15km from the city centre. It constitutes a sensitive complex of historic areas with significant potential to become a centre for tourism and culture, and to catalyze local urban regeneration.
The main objective of the development of Atturaif, as a heritage site, is to create a world-class public destination of culture, education and tourist functions which will ultimately be bound up in a UNESCO world heritage site; the second in Saudi Arabia
The Contract Administrator will have a minimum of 15 year experience in the administration of building contracts using a modified version of the FIDIC contract conditions
The position is a site based position and will report directly to the Project Manager.
The Contract Administrator will have two quantity surveyors reporting in to him.
• Administer the Contracts and costs associated with three US$50 million contracts simultaneously
• Review and approve the Contractor payment applications
• Review, analyze and comment on Contractor’s monthly Payment Claims
• Review, analyze and recommend Contract Change Order Requests to the Project Manager
• Monitor Change Orders against overall original Contractor scope, Project Construction Budget, and Project Construction Schedule
• Oversee re-measurement of the works in accordance with the Contract
• Prepare monthly project cost summaries and relate planned to actual expenditure.
• Provide advice on matters of contract to the project Manager and other members of the site management team as appropriate.
• Daily interaction with other site based design team members and provide advice on the daily decision making processes
• Prepared all contractual letters and documents in reply to contractor’s claims, on an almost daily basis.
• Review and report on contract extensions of time requests
• Establish a claims and disputes resolutions procedure.
• Identify and monitor potential dispute and claim issues to ensure early and timely resolution.
• Investigate factual information and relevant documentation concerning claims.
• Advise the Project Manager on the appropriate course of action to resolve any claim.
• Monitor claims resolution actions and coordinate claims resolution actions through resolution of all claims.
• Temporarily replace the Project Manager during times of vacation/ annual leave
• Train graduate personal from the client on QS/ Contracts Administration tasks
The Candidate is likely to have a tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying and be Chartered with an appropriate institution.
Buro Happold is a multidisciplinary practice that succeeds through the individual and collaborative skills of its people. This post requires a candidate who must have:
• Corporate membership of a relevant institution
• Good IT skills.
• Good communication skills, experience in dealing with other employees and external clients.
• Confident, flexible, patient, proactive character, with a track record of taking the lead in challenging situations.
• Ability to run projects successfully.
About the Company
About the Company
Buro Happold aims to produce high quality engineering design in concept, in detail and in execution, on time, to programme and delivering excellent value for money.
Our distinctive culture and ethos is still based on the same principles of care, value and elegance that were established when the practice was founded.
Our engineering approach is holistic, combining different disciplines in one, integrated team. Our reputation for excellence has grown from the basis that engineering is always viewed as one important component of a project’s overall design solution.
We constantly strive for innovation. Our appreciation of a client’s social, political and economic issues and of architectural and aesthetic qualities makes Buro Happold an ideal partner, helping our range of clients to shape great solutions.