GS Engineering & Construction
- Responds to complex inquiries regarding contract obligations and revisions
- Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution
- Reviews and manages contractual obligations of the parties and provides continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met
- Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance and modifications
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of one or several assigned project or business personnel assisting with the Contract Management function
- Acts as the primary contact between the project team and/or business unit and Legal & Commercial, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
- Acts as liaison between Company and clients/vendors
- Responsible for adherence to company policies and procedures by assigned Contract Management, project or business personnel
- Responsible for educating the project team on contract terms and monitoring compliance
- Develops and integrates Contract Management tools, templates, methods and processes for the engagement
- Assisting the Project Management to achieve contractual compliance on processes and procedures
- Manage any disputes with Government / Client / Subcontractor / Vendor areas
- Control Audits and Contract Reviews
- Advise and assist Sales in Legal negotiations (occasionally lead negotiations)
- Be on hand to answer urgent questions
- Provide negotiation and contractual guidance to staff
- Ensure compliance issues are escalated as necessary
- Undertake more ‘contractual aspects’ of compliance e.g. insurances and bank guarantees
- Protects company from unnecessary contract liabilities, damages, penalties, etc.
- Draft, negotiate, and critically review all types of agreements (e.g., Contract, purchase, sales, service, subcontract, software, non-disclosure, etc.) for assigned client(s) both internal and external;
- Review defined contract terms (i.e. limitation of liability, indemnity, patent indemnity, warranty, etc) and revise accordingly consistent with Company policies and procedures;
- Provide contract review coordination across businesses (e.g. product, services, etc) in support of clients, as assigned;
- Follow established Company contract policies and procedures;
- Provide backup support to others in department as needed;
- Support special projects as assigned by department leadership
- Support department for establishing of new and revised policies, procedures, contract template revisions, contract interpretation and guidance, as requested
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of general corporate business practices, government and commercial contracting regulations and principles, subcontracting practices, and accounting and finance principles
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and negotiation skills in English
- Demonstrates successful management of medium complexity deals
- Collaborative and persuasive; ability to influence colleagues
- Ability to communicate effectively with client interfaces
- Ability to multi-task/work flexibly
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up to ensure accurate and complete contractual documentation.
- Ability to work under pressure and create a good professional relationship with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a team/ matrix environment.
- Commitment and dedication to achieving successful results.
- Ability to identify key risk issues in any transactional situation/opportunity
- Strong risk-management and problem solving/solution oriented skills
- Consistently performs function in a professional and timely manner.
- Provides guidance to assigned business to ensure robust contract performance.
- Strong Computer Skill in Power Point, MS word and presentation skill
- BA/BS degree required. Advanced degree (e.g. MBA, Law, etc) preferred but not required.
- Minimum ten years experience performing the Responsibilities required.
- At least 3 years of Law department experience with strong legal knowledge
- Work experience in Egypt
About the Company
About the Company
GS E&C has established its status as a top-ranking company domestically since its foundation in 1969 by achieving tremendous growth in the fields of architecture, civil engineering, housing, plant, environment and power plant.
Through continuous development of its human resources, acquisition of technologies, determined challenges and practices, GS E&C has set forth the stepping stones to leap as a Global Leading Company.