Contract Sales Manager
Al Futtaim Group
One of the companies bearing Al-Futtaim name is IKEA.
IKEA is the world's largest home furnishings store, founded in Sweden over 60 years ago. At IKEA not only our furniture is down to earth, straightforward and inspiring, but so is our work ethics. Despite being the leading home furnishing retail franchisee across the world, we at IKEA still give you the room to grow! At IKEA creating a better everyday life for the many isn't only our vision, it's our way of life!In this role you will effectively promote the IKEA concept and use it as a tool to promote and secure the sale of IKEA products to corporate business customers through telephone calls, personal contacts, referrals and calling on companies towards the achievements of established contract sales targets.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Annual Budget
* Contract Sales Statistics
* New business 2 business
* Problem Solving & Follow up
* Market Know-how & Competition
* Product Knowledge
* After Sales
* Goods Ordering & Service Level
To be seriously considered for this role you must be able to display the following skills and experience:
General retailing experience
* Must have a minimum 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role
* Must have strategic, analytical and tactical abilities
* Must have a strong enthusiasm and interest in home furnishings
* Must have the ability to quickly develop in-depth knowledge of local market business conditions and competitive environment
* Must have highly developed merchandising and sales steering knowledge
* Must be computer literate
* Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Must be able to share knowledge and learning
* Must be able to build working relationships
* Must be able to speak and understand English
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groupís continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groupís belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.