After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
ADNOC - Distribution
Abu Dhabi, UAE
To analyse and processes all contracts development requests received from all ADNOC Distribution Divisions from review of scope of work stage through development of tendering strategy, bidders list, tender documents, evaluation of bids and up to conclusion of contracts.
• Participates in the preparation of annual acquisition plan for the Department and establishes job implementation plan for each Contract Request under his responsibility, taking into consideration distribution of work load evenly and satisfying time line specified by Users.
• Receives and analyses scopes and specifications of works and services to be contracted. Ensures completeness, comprehensiveness of scope and that proper reference to the international standards are reflected. Clarifies work aspects and verifies technical evaluation criteria.
• Recommends and agrees with Senior Contract Engineer, and with concerned Management in case of Major Project, on contracting strategy. Proposes contract type, compensation method, value of Bid Bond and Performance Bond. Prepares tender documents, and finalises them with Legal, Finance and user Divisions.
• Reviews & analyses Procurement and Contracting Policies and Procedures of the Adnoc Distribution, provides proposals for improvement based on actual work experience, as and when applicable and follows up with Sr. Contracts Engineer and Sr. Planning Engineer updating the manuals upon receiving Management approval.
• Prepares invitation to tender, develops final draft for management approval and issues tender documents.
• Evaluates technical/commercial clarifications. Arranges site visits for bidders and accompanies bidders on such visits. Issues tender clarification bulletins following the site visits. Attends technical and commercial bid opening.
• Prepares Monthly Report for Management’s review in coordination with Senior Contract Engineer / Contracts Department Manager.
• Carries out commercial evaluation of bids and finalizes techno-commercial evaluation. Proposes cases for negotiation, sets basis for negotiation and submits for approval.
• Prepares final recommendations for award in discussion with Senior Contract Engineer / Contracts Department Manager, authorizes the final draft and submits the same for management approval.
• Prepares Letter of Intent / award and agreements, authors and initials both, obtains successful Contractor’s acceptance of award and signature of agreement. Follows up the submission of performance bank guarantee, verifies and recommends acceptance of the same.
•Ensures that all proposals and recommendations provide best value of money, protect Company’s investment and satisfy works quality requirements.
• B.E. in an Engineering disciplines or other equivalent professional qualifications, such as FRICS (Full Member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) or similar institutions.
• Certified Contract professional from recognized institute.
• Eight (8) years' experience in contracts and tenders development, in an oil/gas or petrochemical industry.
• Excellent communication, team work spirits, negotiation, problem solving, decision making and customer satisfaction skills.
• Good knowledge of contract law, indemnity, liability and insurance provisions.
• High level of proficiency in Arabic and English, both speaking and writing.
About the Company
ADNOC Distribution (Abu Dhabi National Oil Company) was established in 1973 as the first government-owned national company specializing in the marketing and distribution of refined petroleum products in the United Arab Emirates. Currently employing over 5000 employees, ADNOC Distribution has become one of the largest petroleum companies in the Arab Gulf region. Our activities and services includes: operating over 175 Service Stations, refueling aircrafts at several airports, manufacturing and marketing lubricants locally and internationally to mention a few only.