Control & Instrument Design Engineer
GS Engineering & Construction
Instrument Feed Engineer
Functional Duties: Supervises, assigns, and schedules work, usually for a major project or several minor projects, simultaneously, under general direction of the Instrument Lead Engineer. May supervise specialized technical sub-groups.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input to coaching, teaching, mentoring and effective supervision of assigned personnel.
- Assists in the developing and implementation of Instruments Engineering administrative and technical practices, specifications, and procedures.
- Monitors and implements quality checking procedures and ensures they are adhered to.
- Responsible for developing Project Instruments Engineering for review with Instrument Lead Engineer.
- Responsible for input into the plot plan development and maintenance.
- Assures that design continuity is maintained throughout the entire project.
- Reports to the Instrument Lead Engineer the status of instruments engineering activities and deliverables.
- Ensures communication flow, both verbal and written, is maintained within instruments engineering and with other engineering disciplines.
- Coordinates Instruments design activities with other engineering groups.
- Identifies deviations in job scope, estimates changes for review with Instrument Lead Engineer.
- Prepares and distributes design instructions pertaining to plant design requirements and drafting procedures.
- Represents instruments engineering in meetings with suppliers, subcontractors, licensors, clients, and other company disciplines, and produces documentation required for conference or meeting notes.
- Submits project design standards, specifications, documents and drawings for issue.
- Assists in the development of the instruments engineering section of the project completion report.
- Stand in for Instrument Lead Engineer if required during periods of absence.
- Assignment to the field, co-ordinates or carries out work on site surveys, measurements, acts of acceptance, and other site engineering activities.
Instruments Specific Activities and Deliverables:
- Ensure instrument drawings as per clients design specifications (AutoCAD, Microstation etc.).
- Ensure that company and client drawing standards and formats are compliant with ISA symbols and standards.
- Attend client meetings, as required.
- Attend project progress weekly meetings, as required.
- Attend project kick off meetings, as required.
- Provide instrument engineering input to other disciplines.
- Prepare / review scope of work documents.
- Conduct site installation surveys and generate detailed report.
- Prepare/ review DCS, ESD and fire & gas block diagrams.
- Prepare / review DCS, ESD and fire & gas specifications.
- Prepare / review Instrument related specifications documents.
- Prepare / review DCS, ESD and fire & gas operating philosophies.
- Prepare / review DCS, ESD and fire & gas logic diagram.
- Prepare / review instruments MTO.
- Prepare / review instrument data sheets.
- Ensure compliance of instrument cable selections by design section.
- Prepare / review material requisition to client standards.
- Prepare / review instruments job pack for executing site installation and testing.
- Select correct field instrumentation in compliance with environmental and Service conditions.
- Ensure that field instrumentation is compliant with hazardous area Classification.
- Work to IEC 61508 AND 61511 standards.
- Work to API/ANSI/BS/IEC standards.
Qualification : Engineering degree or diploma
Experience: Preferably 20 years plus relevant, depending on the individual, prior experience or additional training, job assignments, etc. preferably 3 to 5 years of relevant Area / Unit Lead Engineer experience.
- Facilities / Project / Discipline / Process safety and Loss Prevention engineers
- Engineering work associated with Plant changes and major modifications
- Front end engineering design (FEED) and detail design experience
- Conceptual / Feasibility / Technical studies
- Engineering Service / design engineering contracts
- Risk, QRA, HAZOP, Asset Integrity; O&M;
About the Company
About the Company
GS E&C has established its status as a top-ranking company domestically since its foundation in 1969 by achieving tremendous growth in the fields of architecture, civil engineering, housing, plant, environment and power plant.
Through continuous development of its human resources, acquisition of technologies, determined challenges and practices, GS E&C has set forth the stepping stones to leap as a Global Leading Company.