Core Network Planning Engineer
• Propose solutions to meet the current network planning requirements and future enhancement.
• Supervise the control procedure and processes method for network planning tracking activities.
• To prepare or participate in the preparation of ‘Weekly Statistic Report for Switching Network Nodes’.
• To prepare or participate in the preparation of ‘Monthly Capacity Management Report for Switching Network Nodes’.
• To prepare a presentation on the Switching Network road map, upcoming related technologies, related Standards and Specification & problems based on experience and observation.
• To prepare or participate in the preparation of the report ‘Switching Network Requirements for the Special Events’
• To prepare or participate in the preparation of the report ‘Performance Report After Special Event for the Switching Network nodes’.
• To prepare or participate in the review of SSR (System Service Request) and provide necessary inputs to the SSR initiator.
• Provide basic inputs in the report ‘System/Service Impact Analysis Report for any new service/system requested by any stake holder.
• Provide basic inputs into the ‘Technical Requirement Specifications for CNP (Master)’ for any new service/system requested by any stakeholder.
• To prepare or participate in the preparation of the report ‘Switching Network Requirements for Next Year’ based on the following;
• ‘SWITCHING NETWORK Performance Report After Special Event’
• SSR received from all the stake holders outside the section
• ‘Technical Requirement Specifications for CNP (Master)’ ‘Monthly Capacity Management Report for SWITCHING NETWORK Node
• To prepare or participate in the consolidation of all the Switching Network related requirements for the next year in standard OM Budget requirements template.
• To prepare or participate in the IAC, PAC & FAC based on the Acceptance Criteria.
• To prepare or participate in the regular meetings on different projects/issues with all the stake holders and participate in the preparation of the report ‘Projects/Issues Status Report’.
• To prepare or participate in the handover to Operations for any new service/system/upgrade/expansion
• To do the regular follow-ups with all the stake holders on different issues/projects.
• Ensure all configuration changes are implemented efficiently and timely.
• Ensures accuracy and validity of all information being reported.
• All integrated Network & Technology Departments & Marketing
• Ensure adherence to operating budget of Product Development department.
• Participate in planning of yearly CAPEX and OPEX budgets.
• Ensure profitability of existing and new products and services.
• Provide support and guidance to other members of the department.
• Transfer knowledge where required to other team members.
• Maintain teamwork spirit when dealing with others.
• Engineering graduate preferably in Telecom/Electronics/Electrical/Computer Science.
• Operational skills on CORE NETWORK planning tools.
• Good analytical skills
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good enter-personal skills.
About the Company
About the Company
Omantel is the pioneer of total communications solutions in the Sultanate of Oman. We have the widest choice of state of the art services with the broadest network coverage. We listen to understand your needs and value feedback. We strive to deliver on our promises.
Omantel (as both Omantel and Oman Mobile) has offered the full spectrum of telecommunications solutions to the people and businesses of Oman since the dawn of the Renaissance in 1970. Over the years, as the pioneering telecommunications supplier, we have striven to connect even the most remote communities to each other and to the rest of the world. As a pillar of the Omani economy, Omantel has been a leading player in Oman’s progress and national development.
The Omantel logo, embodies the Omani heritage, in the form of the Khanjar. Our color palette, blue and orange, signals our dedication to professionalism and progression as well as a vibrant spirit. The Omantel name, combined both in Arabic and English, is cradled and encapsulated in our new brand symbol reflecting a caring mindset.
Our tagline reflects also our philosophy of togetherness as this is at the heart of everything we do – as we lead the way in bringing individuals, families, businesses and regions ever closer together using leading edge technology for communications.