Emirates Flight Catering
• Responsible for ensuring full compliance with the company Occupational Health and Safety system.
• To provide an exceptional guest experience by establishing and maintaining the highest standard of contemporary culinary products and presentation.
• Responsible for leading and developing the Production team including manpower planning, recruitment, on job orientation, probation management, performance planning and review, training, talent management and succession planning.
• Develop revenue opportunities and implement new product concepts.
• Responsible for the successful start-up operation of the new Concourse Three Production facilities.
• Responsible for annual business planning including menu development strategy and budgeting.
• Responsible for the achievement of budget targets, preparation of capital expenditure and manpower proposals, analysis of financial results and periodic reporting including the articulation of necessary corrective actions relating to staff payroll including overtime, equipment, food material utilisation and waste elimination.
• Lead the menu development activities by pro-actively providing the client with improvement opportunities.
• Plan, organise and manage food presentations.
• Manage new product implementation projects and cost saving initiatives to achieve business objectives and financial results.
• Responsible for all administrative functions pertaining to the Food and Beverage Airport Production department.
• Develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture relating to employee relations, financial performance, operational excellence and customer service.
• Responsible for ensuring that effective stock ordering, receipt, storage and utilisation procedures are implemented and applied.
• Ensure compliance with the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems requirements.
• Maintain and develop positive working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
• Work across the entire supply chain to liaise with product and creative suppliers on packaging, component and presentation concepts.
• Degree or Vocational Certificate in Culinary Skills or related field.
• Previous experience in a senior executive culinary role in a premium service environment.
• High standard of culinary proficiency with the demonstrated ability to improve products and services.
• Strong commercial acumen and demonstrated ability to meet financial targets.
• High standards of professional conduct with excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strong results orientation and attention to detail.
• High level of expertise in occupational health and safety, food safety and quality systems.
• Demonstrated project management and planning skills with the ability to multitask and work to strict time constraints.
• Proven ability to lead a large multinational team of culinary professionals.
• Demonstrated ability to implement a continuous improvement culture and consistently meet customer requirements.
• Experience in restaurant planning, pre-opening, refurbishment and concept development will be highly regarded.
About the Company
About the Company
Emirates Flight Catering is 90% owned by Emirates airline, with the remaining share being held by Dubai Civil Aviation. In July 2007, the Company inaugurated its technologically advanced catering facility dedicated to servicing the flights of Emirates airline. The facility, with a built-up area of over 56,000 square metres and the capacity to produce over 115,000 meals per day, is the largest of its kind in the world in terms of volume throughput. It features high levels of automation including a 2.55km long electric monorail system for the transportation of meal carts, a bin conveyor system to transfer clean items from the Warewash area to the Production and Operations Departments, and a vacuum waste system with pipes over 600m in length.
The existing facility was originally commissioned in 1982 and has been continually updated and upgraded since then. The Company also caters to other airlines operating at Dubai International Airport. In total, the Company services over 110 regular airline clients.