Arab Engineering Bureau (AEB)
• Plans and directs the provisions of effective and reliable Cost Estimating and Cost Engineering for the Construction Projects
• Align with other departments as required during Pre-tendering and Execution Phase
• Extensive knowledge in Construction Tendering, Budgeting, Cost Phasing, Cost Control, Cash Flow Management and Cost Reduction measures, from the project initiation to the close out phases
• Good knowledge of General Conditions of Contract, SMM, QCS and FIDIC
• Proficiency in preparing Variation Orders and Cost Analysis/Claims
• Knowledge of products and systems used
• Ability to quickly understand and analyze a project and the related issues
• Set and meet critical deadlines
• Attention to details and accuracy
• Information and task monitoring
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• B.Sc./Bachelor's Degree in Quantity Surveying or relevant Engineering discipline
• Minimum 10 years overall experience in Cost Estimation/Cost Engineering
• Minimum 3 years experience in Cost Estimation/Cost Engineering in a Consultancy environment in GCC with a good understanding of Cost Estimation/Engineering practices in the region
• Experience in building projects of at least QR 50, 000, 000.00 or more
• Proficiency in latest Cost Estimation Softwares
• Proficiency in Primavera applications viz. Primavera Project Management (P6) & Primavera Contract Management
About the Company
About the Company
Arab Engineering Bureau was first established in 1966, as the first Engineering office in Qatar and its activities were primarily architectural design and supervision. Over some 40 years, AEB has evolved into what can truly be recognized as a state-of-the-art multi-disciplinary international consultancy with projects spanning all sectors not only in Qatar but also Abu Dhabi, Oman, Kuwait, Egypt, Yemen and Sudan.
1991 was a milestone in the history of AEB when it was acquired by the award winning architect, Mr. Ibrahim Mohd. Jaidah. Under his guidance, a new philosophy with the aim of providing quality output at the highest standards using the state-of-the-art technologies has been adopted. This new approach has resulted in the development of an unique architectural methodology, which reflects the present development of the country and where appropriate, preserves and expresses the traditional Qatar architecture. With this as the cornerstone, AEB has transformed from a small-scale business into a full-fledged design consultancy, keenly following the pulse of the consultancy climate of Qatar and the Gulf Region.
Today, AEB has a staff strength nearing 400 from 20 countries and its activities covering the whole spectrum of architectural and associated disciplines. With more than 1, 000 projects undertaken in Qatar and throughout the Middle East, AEB is well on the way to becoming a major player in the world of architectural consultancy.