Country Credit Head, Consumer Banking
Standard Chartered Bank - UAE
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* To maximize shareholder's value through effective credit management to ensure balanced risk-reward trade-off.
* To manage an acceptable level of credit loss and to maximize economic profits for the Business through good growths.
* To support the reduction of credit operation costs through improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of credit operation processes/ strategies.
Risk & Control:
* To maintain good portfolio quality through sound management of credit policies, development, maintenance and execution of state of the art quantitative credit MIS for portfolio monitoring.
* To ensure effective portfolio monitoring mechanisms are in place, including early warning mechanisms, stress tests and contingency plans.
* To develop, implement and monitor effective risk management tools to improve data-based credit decisioning.
* To ensure good control mechanisms are in place throughout the credit cycle processes, and to ensure satisfactory audit clearance.
* To support knowledge/success transfer to regional countries.
* To increase intellectual capital and ensure highest quality of people in all risk management positions, though effective training and coaching.
* To reward excellence and ensure alignment in rewards and performance.
* To create an environment that is conducive to career growth and development, and to ensure staff satisfaction and strengthen retention factors for performing staffs.
* To build bench-strengths and ensure succession plans are in place.
Business/ Product Development:
* To support business/ product developments by providing feedbacks and information relating to prospective target market segment risks.
* To formulate credit policies/ develop product programs to support new business/product launches.
* To provide necessary portfolio analyses and credit performance forecasts, and to review financial proposition with the Business to ensure good growth.
* To constantly review and formulate new acquisition policies to reflect changes in risk/ competitive dynamics in the market place.
* To support acquisition marketing programs launches through effective management of program risks and profitability.
* To monitor programs approval rates and help maximize approval rates without compromise in new accounts quality.
* To review and ensure that Product Programs are renewed on timely basis.
* To develop, implement and monitor the use of application scorecards and other risk management tools/systems (eg, NBSM), to ensure that newly acquired customers are of acceptable quality.
* To support process streamline in credit operations to ensure a more efficient workflow without compromise in controls.
* To support the development of management information systems, which form the statistical base for the formulation and modification of credit policies.
* To coordinate with New Accounts to ensure timely reporting of related new business information to senior management.
* To manage portfolio risks and profitability through constant review and effective formulation of portfolio policies, including authorization, line extension and renewals.
* To support portfolio marketing programs through effective management of program risks & profitability.
* To support growths in portfolio balances and revolving balances while ensuring that balanced mixed in low-high risk segments.
* To develop, implement and monitor the use of bahavior scorecards and other risk management tools/systems (eg, Probe, SM, Decile management), to ensure that portfolio quality is maintained.
* To perform periodic monitoring and analyses of portfolio performance to ensure that sound portfolio quality is maintained.
* To ensure that a proactive, dynamic and flexible loss forecasting model is maintained and to prepare periodic net bad debts forecast for the portfolio.
* To closely monitor the delinquency and loss levels of portfolios and recommend appropriate portfolio and collections actions to be taken.
* To monitor collectors productivity performances and resource allocation and analyze its impact on portfolio delinquency performances.
* To review and formulate most cost-effective collections strategies to maximize collections and reduce portfolio delinquencies, including dunning strategies and agency assignment strategies.
The closing date for applications is26/04/2012. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
* Risk management of all consumer credit portfolios in the country.
* Provide credit decisions that have direct impact on overall portfolio growth and profitability performance.
* Possess discretionary credit delegation
* Manage a team of credit risk professionals.
* Significant senior level experience in consumer risk management
* Strong analytical power, good problem solving skills and ability to work under immense pressure.
* Extensive experience and knowledge in managing the whole credit cycle, including New Accounts, Collections and Credit Operations.
* Possesses sharp judgment and ability to make prompt and reliable decision under immense pressure.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills, good leadership and people management skills.
* Arabic language is essential
About the Company
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group's business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.