To manage, and consistently improve, the sales, operational and financial performance of a geographic area through the application of end-to-end management presence and leadership.
• Manage the business development and operational performance of the defined business area to deliver the company’s goals in terms of profitability and market leadership.
• Propose and agree annual business plans including sales growth, business development and operational delivery targets, consistent with overall Group business objectives. Provide regular reports and forecasts pertaining to business performance.
• Ensure that all area staff are aware of, and adhere to, all relevant local and external health and safety laws and policies.
• Manage the local relationship between our business and Rapid’s sponsors.
• Manage key client relationships and control the development of area based sales portfolio’s to ensure the business is correctly positioned to deliver its operational and financial targets.
• Direct the sales team and manage the trade-off between sales volumes and margins. Set pricing policies that match long term business objectives with tactical flexibility at client, channel and equipment level.
• Work effectively with the local sales and operational team to implement differentiation strategies and business initiatives that promote Rapid Access as the preferred powered access rental business.
• Analyse, evaluate and monitor all key operational performance indicators, ensuring monthly performance is clearly understood in regard to customer service, quality standards, operational efficiency, and financial results.
• Establish clear accountabilities and responsibilities for area team and ensure individuals are focused on areas that improve and exceed key performance indicators and customer expectations.
• Direct, develop, motivate and support all sales, service and operational reports, in order to ensure that business objectives are met to agreed timescales.
• Implement incremental improvement programmes and optimise the structure of the business to obtain maximum sales and operational efficiencies.
• Establish strong people management practices across the area to attract, develop and retain key skills and competencies required for optimum business performance.
• Ensure the assets of the area are used effectively to achieve the return on capital employed as defined by the gross payback analysis.
• Ensure that the area business is legally compliant with all local employment/regulatory requirements, including employment and residency visa’s.
• Set the standards of ethics, behaviour and attitude required in the workforce by demonstrating management best practice and commitment to company values.
In addition to the above the Job Holder shall carry out any other duties as are deemed necessary to carry out the role.
• Professional business development and/or operational management experience with a successful track record in delivering differentiated sales propositions.
• Previous experience of P&L management including planning, risk management and accounting processes.
• Extensive knowledge of the Powered Access Hire industry and/or Plant Hire industry and ability to develop extensive knowledge of local customer base, competitor activity and buying behaviours.
• Understanding of business planning activities to include cost recovery, revenue recognition and organisational design.
• Credible communicator, demonstrable leadership skills and ability to influence and negotiate effectively at all levels.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in 1996, Rapid is the Middle East leader in powered access equipment rental & sale, and part of Europe's largest powered access rental company, Lavendon Group plc.
At Rapid, we offer wide range of MEWP's (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms), which offer a number of features making them particularly suitable for different types of applications.
* Steel Erection and construction
* Lighting and electromechanical maintenance
* Industrial and building maintenance
* Signage and Events
* Outside Broadcasting
* Telecommunications maintenance
* Facilities Management
* Airport, Ship and Highway Maintenance
As members of the team committed to providing strength on the ground and performance in the air we work with a simple business philosophy "Your success is ours".