CfBT Education Trust
The Libya Country Manager is responsible for the professional leadership and delivery of CfBT’s projects and programmes in Libya. The Country Manager is responsible for:
- Providing leadership and direction for CfBT’s activities in Libya;
- Expanding the portfolio of business activity and client relationships through successful operational delivery of programmes that meet client expectations;
- Building upon the market position and capability established by CfBT in Libya to date, assessing the feasibility of new business opportunities and recommending priorities for business development;
- Coordinating bid proposals in consultation with the MENA Regional Director and CfBT’s Development Centre in the UK;
- Contributing to the development of CfBT’s capability to design and deliver high quality, innovative, educational solutions that meet the needs of current and future clients in Libya.
- Provide overall strategic direction, leadership and management of CfBT’s business development, operational activities and resources in Libya.
- Build an appropriate high-performing, integrated local team and co-ordinate support provided by CfBT departments.
- Contribute to the interpretation of government strategy for education and skills development: support the development of a strategic business development plan incorporating policy objectives and setting out clear business targets.
- Represent CfBT externally and with stakeholders with the goal of influencing business growth in priority markets by strengthening CfBT’s key relationships and reputation.
- Lead on local business development activities; managing and developing key Libyan partnerships, taking an active hand in identifying non-tendered opportunities, producing winning proposals and delivering contracts to budget and to the satisfaction of clients.
- Work closely with CfBT staff outside Libya to ensure synergies through knowledge sharing that will help to build CfBT’s capability, product development, impact and business growth.
- Report as required on progress against performance objectives and meet the reporting needs of clients externally.
- Oversee budgets to meet financial targets in line with delivery plans approved by the Regional Director: MENA
To lead and manage the strategy for business development in Libya, including client relations, resources and overall operational delivery, and deliver on targets for impact and overall business performance. The scope of both the opportunities and challenges that face the postholder are substantial and will be best-served by an experienced, flexible, consultative, energising and hands-on leadership style.
- Experience of working on (overseas) development projects in a senior management capacity
- Track record of successful business development including extensive direct involvement in bid production, project management, partnerships, consultancy support, quality assurance and reporting.
- Able to represent CfBT credibly in professional and business development relationships with key clients and external contacts primarily in the education sector, especially those representing Government Ministries or other institutions.
- Experience in operational management delivering complex long term programmes to high quality standards and within budget.
- Experience of leading, managing and developing multi-disciplinary teams to meet or exceed delivery targets and achieve client satisfaction.
- Well developed communication skills and managerial style with strong people performance and development capability and the ability to work effectively across organisational departments.
- Strong financial and commercial experience of managing large contracts and budgets plus evidence of good business acumen to monitor financial performance and achieve efficiencies.
- Well developed leadership, strategic and analytical thinking skills.
- Business development skills, especially relating to new business opportunities.
- Understanding of budgeting, financial reporting, project management methodologies, creating a business case.
- Good professional knowledge of the Education sector, especially secondary and vocational skills.
- Excellent representational, negotiation, influence and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible, to assimilate new information quickly, to work effectively and sensitively across organisational structures and in complex contexts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of living and working in transitional or post-conflict settings would be an advantage
About the Company
About the Company
CfBT Education Trust is a top 30 UK charity providing education services in the UK and internationally. Established more than 40 years ago, CfBT has an annual turnover exceeding £100 million and employs 2,000 staff worldwide.
We teach in nurseries, schools, academies and the secure estate, manage national programmes in the UK and special projects overseas, as well as providing advice and consultancy services to education professionals. Our work involves teacher and leadership training, curriculum design, school inspection, advice and guidance for young people and support for school improvement.
Every year CfBT finances a substantial programme of public benefit research and development.
Visit our website for more information.