Country Senior Accountant – FAMCO
Al Futtaim Group
FAMCO (Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Co.) is a market leading supplier of products & services to a diverse range of industries & commercial undertakings covering the transportation, construction, manufacturing, warehousing, oil & gas and marine sectors. FAMCO serves these industries with world-class brands like Volvo Trucks, Volvo Buses, Volvo Construction Equipment, Merlo, Ingersoll Rand, Linde, Dexion, Yanmar, Himoinsa, Stanley Proto, Fenner, Bruynzeel, Mobel Linea, Meco, Bott, Stertil, Hart & Nassau.
FAMCO has operations in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain & Ras Al Khaimah and more recently Oman. The company's development and success has been based on an in-depth understanding of customer needs and the dedication of its skilled staff.
FAMCO is committed to providing outstanding second-to-none service levels to customers and to maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards at the highest possible levels. FAMCO is an ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004 certified company.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Country Senior Accountant to be based in our FAMCO Doha offices, Qatar.
The successful candidate will be responsible for daily accounting and control for the business, including cash and receivables management. Ensure financial integrity and controls are in place. Provide financial, commercial and strategic support to the senior management team and all other stakeholders. Member and secretary of the country management board.
Key Accountabilities will include:
* Ensure financial integrity and reliability, review and strengthen internal controls and procedures. Implementation of both AFG and FAMCO policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with local laws.
* Financial systems setup, monitoring and development
* Deliver robust accurate and timely primary accounting statements of P&L BS and CF
* Support the Senior Management team: 1- review and analysis, 2- Enhance financial management within the decision making process, 3- Capital project evaluation and recommendation, 4- Conduct divisional/location reviews.
* Financial and commercial decision support to all business management
* Ensure risk limitation and financial reporting integrity within the business
* Provide accurate and effective framework for all forecast and business planning requirements, including commentary, sensitivity, analysis and graphical presentation.
* Improve working capital requirements, including cash conversion cycle and economic profit.
* Provide financial leadership within both the business and finance function as a whole, including staff development and succession planning.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Internationally recognized professional accountancy qualification
5 years senior financial experience with preferred experience in a related industry sector
Experience in setting up financial reporting within a new business.
Hands on approach will be essential as the business establishes itself.
Ability to work within and provide support to senior management within a diverse and often complex business. Being able to quickly understand the issues impacting on each business division. Ability to lead and drive change through the business with the focus being on kpi's and customer centricity. Provide financial leadership. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.