After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Creative Visual Merchandiser – Director Luxury
On behalf of our client, a high-end luxury brand, we are looking for a results and customer focused CVM Director Emerging Markets. You will be reporting directly to the Group Vice President Emerging Markets
• Oversee and manage all CVM activity within the Emerging Markets region to ensure a consistently high level of display standards and creative installations that befit a luxury retail business.
• Oversee the performance, growth and development of the regional CVM team and be a strong business partner to the retail leadership team within the Emerging Markets organization.
• Demonstrate creative thinking and be the conduit between the central CVM team and the regional field team by providing intelligent feedback to the central CVM team as it relates to any ideas and issues that will benefit the growth of the CVM group.
• Think strategically and use strong business acumen to enhance the business and be able to partner with the retail leaders to meet both the objectives of the central CVM team and the Emerging Markets retail group.
Successful implementation and execution of windows, vitrines, instore displays and caseline presentations. Be the key point person for the CVM group within the region. Give feedback to the central team on strategic ideas or information to help grow the business within the region. Take creative direction from the Central CVM team and appropriate where necessary within the region, taking into account local variances;
• Manage an effective and responsive CVM team and network of VM Partners. Coach, mentor and monitor the field team to ensure the creative standard and operational effectiveness is being delivered across the region. Conduct annual performance reviews based on the PMP format. Oversee the freelance network, and monitor its efficiency in the Emerging Markets.;
• Successfully navigate complex relationships in a regionalized structure to ensure that the business is performing from both a creative and commercial perspective. Balance the varying requests and objectives of all parties to create a synergistic approach to CVM within the Emerging Markets;
• Partner with the Merchandising function to ensure that merchandise initiatives, product launches and collections are correctly presented. Work with the CVM field team and the visual partner network to manage merchandise adjacencies, participate in re-merchandising efforts, and ensure planograms are regularly updated. Conduct training sessions with the CVM field team and the visual partner network to ensure the latest directives and standards are being adhered to.;
• Partner with the Marketing and PR function to ensure that all special event related activity within the Americas is of a consistent standard and appropriate for a luxury brand. Work with both the regional and central PR and CVM functions to enhance regional opportunities as it relates to PR and special events.
• Devise and implement new methods and processes of CVM management that will aid the growth and success of the CVM group.
Scope of Position
• Sets strategic initiatives that impact the entire organization domestically and internationally
• Involved in tasks/duties that affect one or more divisions other than its own, but not the entire organization
• Involved in tasks/duties that affect the entire division in which the position resides
Person Profile Required Qualifications
• 8-10 years management experience in luxury merchandising, visual display, styling, or related areas.
• Have experience of both jewelry and non-jewelry visual merchandising.
• Possess exceptional organizational and communication skills and demonstrate an ability to negotiate complex relationships.
• Demonstrate an ability to lead and coach a team of remote direct reports.
• Able to take creative direction, appropriate and execute to a very high standard.
• Strategically grow and develop a business from both a creative and managerial standpoint.
• Demonstrate competent computer skills required: Email/Outlook, Microsoft Excel & Word for both PC and MAC.
Preferred Qualifications / Primary Job Requirements:
• Experience with editorial styling.
• Able to present ideas and information in a group situation.
• Knowledge of local vendor sources for display supplies, hardware, props, furniture, flowers.
• Access to convenient transportation and have an ability to travel across the Emerging Markets.
• Involved in tasks/duties that affect the entire department or branch in which the position resides
Full Expat Package
About the Company
Manpower is the global leader in contingent and permanent staffing, helping organizations and job seekers succeed by connecting the potential of people with the ambitions of business. Manpower helps find and retain top people in IT, accounting, banking, finance, legal, engineering, sales and marketing.