Credit Product Head
1. This position directly reports to the Head of Credit Product, Private Banking Group.
2. The Product Specialist role is an autonomous technical and professional role and it requires full dedication of time to develop Sharia compliant credit products using professional and technical expertise to support commercial activities across various functions and businesses.
1. Overall responsibility for end to end product development supporting business activities.
2. The candidate will be required to research, conceptually design and develop products suitable to Customers' needs.
3. Support the private banking business strategy while creating array of bespoke credit solution for UHNW clients / families within the bank policies and guidelines while monitoring associated product risks
3. Each product to be handled as a 'project in itself' in terms of quality, cost and time frame where people working on the project are not necessarily direct reports.
4. Work closely with the front office to develop the related credit product tailored to clients needs & their business
5. Facilitate the assessment of the credit product with a focus on the balance sheet, implications of regulatory changes, country risk, pricing and margin
6. Build strong relationship with stakeholders for product formation & approval phase.
7. Consider client suitability while developing credit proposals/products to map the product risk with client tolerance & risk profile
8. Assess the related product proposals within the bank’s product risk management framework
9. Train & coach the RMs & cross functional employees of Bank advising the product features for smooth transition to clients, Also enable them to fully grasp the basics of developed products
10. Monitor the product launch & facilitate sales management process at the private banking
Only Candidates with Private Bank experience or with Corporate Credit gained in a major bank, preferably Arabic speaking, since that is the predominant client base.
RESULTS REQUIERD (KPI):
1. Delivering Sharia compliant diversified products suitable to Customer needs, providing specialised services and skills that support business activities and positively impact financial results.
2. Carrying out duties and activities resulting in completed products.
3. Sufficient Tradition of meeting the complex financial needs of a wide range of UHNW clients/families
Offer advisory services comprehensive solutions and innovative products for global private banking clients
Specialist Skills / Technical Knowledge Required for this role:
1. Masters' degree from a recognized and good rated university.
2. Knowledge and understanding of the application of professional techniques and procedures sufficient to deliver a complete product.
3. Experience in cross-functional teams and ability to influence people at a variety of levels, including resources outside of direct control to drive change
4. Technically self-sufficient across a full range of methodologies and techniques within the relevant discipline.
5. Good knowledge of English (spoken and written) and Arabic.
6. Advanced Computer knowledge & Analytical skills with good credit & business sense.
7. Front line experience will be advantageous
8. Collecting and exchanging information, making or responding to internal and external enquiries.
9. External contacts are occasional and the role holder must demonstrate ordinary courtesy in all dealings.
10. Solid knowledge of Sharia compliant financing and documentation
11. Energetic, self motivated and effective under pressure - accept the challenge of working in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
Previous experience required (if any):
At least 8 years of product development experience in a regional or international financial institution.
About the Company
About the Company
The McNair Partnership is a specialist executive search firm providing a range of recruitment solutions to global industry using traditional and proprietary search methods. With offices in the UK and the Middle East, our team of recruitment experts have unrivalled market intelligence across a variety of industry sectors and have successfully searched and recruited best-of-breed candidates for jobs in Financial Services, Energy, Construction, Law and General Commerce throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific over the last 18 years.
We are the trusted recruitment partners of some of the most successful businesses and brands, large and small, delivering effective Search, Selection, and Interim services to suit your needs.