DCS Operator – (SAP) Super Absorbent Polymer
Purpose of Job:
Maintain operation control of dry or wet units through DCS and related instrumentation according to the established operating procedures in full coordination with the field operator and maintains safety plant condition by following proper operating settings listed in the operating procedures in different plant conditions start-up, shutdown or emergency.
Main Duties & Accountabilities:
- Aid and assist in the training of new operator trainees who may be assigned to work in DCS.
- Communicates and directs the field Operators actions needed to maintain and stabilize operation.
- Acknowledged all received alarms on DCS and take corrective actions and make adjustments to maintain optimum operating conditions. Call up screens and recognize trends and operating parameters.
- Must recognize process problems early to prevent major upsets to the operation by maintaining quality unit surveillance.
- Responsible for the sampling schedule and the follow up on sample results.
- Reads and understands the "Daily Orders" shift reports. Writes complete and accurate report noting changes and non-routine occurrences. Makes an appropriate face-to-face relief on the unit, communicating operating highlights appropriately.
- Implements ordered from "shift supervisor" in a timely manner. When returning from time off, reads enough previous daily orders and shift reports to assure continuity and proper understanding of the operations.
- Has ability to use the main frame computer to raise and print work requests to transfer these to the maintenance coordinator or planner.
- Has the authority to shutdown the unit if process deviation warrants it or plant is not safe to operate.
- Maintain close coordination with Engineers if required such as Productions / Process / Reliability Engineers.
- Reports operating conditions and/or any situations to his Supervisor.
- Performs duties in accordance to the company approved policies and procedures.
Science graduate or Diploma in Chemical Engineering or any equivalent from industrial school.
2 to 5 years of operations experience e.g. in petrochemical or chemical industry.
Troubleshooting, systematic execution of operating procedures, English language literacy, PC and concerned about Safety and Housekeeping.
About the Company
About the Company
TASNEE erects, manages, operates and owns petrochemical, chemical, plastic, engineering, and metal projects and provides industrial services and markets its products through five major sectors.
Includes Saudi Ethylene and Polyethylene Company (SEPC), Saudi Polyolefins Company (SPC), Saudi Mono-acrylic Company and National Petrochemicals Marketing Company.
Includes National Titanium Dioxide Company (CRISTAL Global).
Includes National Metal Manufacturing & Casting Co. (MAADANIYAH) and National Lead Smelting Co. (RASASS).
Includes Rowad National Plastic Company (ROWAD), National Batteries Company (BATTARIAT), and National Packing Products Company (WATANPAC) .
Includes National Petrochemicals Marketing Company, National Technical Inspection and Testing Co (FAHSS), National Operation and Industrial Services Co. (KHADAMAT), National Environmental Preservation Co. (BEE’AH) and National Industrialization Petrochemicals Marketing Company.