After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Department Head – People Rewards
As a Head of People Rewards, you will be required to ensure that the company has the pay structures and policies in place that will enable it to attract and retain staff of the calibre required for it to meet its operational business objectives effectively, reviewing and gaining agreement to appropriate reward strategies and practices, direct the research and review of remuneration market in Oman and directing the management in all activities pertaining to Job Analysis, Job Descriptions, Job Evaluations and Grading in order to ensure that the processes are in place and in line with the best international industry standards.
You will be required to ensure that the company has compensation structures & policies that are competitive and enable the company to attract and retain the highest calibre staff from the market and lead the development of new structures and policies when required, ensuring that the Human Resource policies, procedures, rules & regulations are updated and modified to ensure competitiveness locally and regionally, maintaining a close liaison with Government Ministries and Agencies to ensure Nawras is updated with relevant rules and regulations with respect to labour law and PASI entitlement, if appropriate discuss issues relating to pay and conditions with the company's union, ensuring that the company's pay & benefits policies are documented and known to staff, managing and overseeing the various activities with regard to staff compensation and benefits such as the merit/bonus / promotion and present the financial impact to the management by indicating estimated cost and budget available, ensuring that the level of pay & benefits structures is kept aligned to the market at the level determined by company policy, trying to ensure that a balance is maintained between attracting staff and controlling costs, participating in the compensation and benefits surveys, analyse the data and advise the management on trends and possible adjustments of Pay structure and arranging and supervising market surveys to determine how the company's pay policies match up to the market.
Responsibilities shall also include the following:
* Examining and verifying employee information processed by automated human resources systems.
* Gather intelligence about other company's pay policies fromÂ incoming staff, other compensation & benefit managers and the media.
* Manage the Job Evaluation programs and ensuring that the Job Descriptions updated and cover all contents as per Nawras Standard.
* Provide management with the financial data relating to alternative pay strategies based on the job evaluation outcome and the company's limitation in relation to budget.
* Ensure that the company has effective methods of assigning jobs to grades based on impartial and objective means of evaluating them and that they are perceived as being fair by the staff.
* Manage and oversee a job analysis exercise to develop a new JD or to modify existing positions due to work enlargement/enrichment and organisation structure changes.
* Ensure that the Job Descriptions and Organisation Charts covering all job positions and departments within the company and kept up to date so the accurately reflect the responsibilities of the jobs.
* In conjunction with other HR Heads organise annual staff surveys to obtain feedback from staff on pay and conditions and report to People Directors with recommendations.
* Ensure and review regularly the progress of the Omanization- plan and targets as per the TRA requirement for a mobile & fixed line to ensure efficient and effective Omanization strategic for a short and long term plan.
You are currently a high performer holding a bachelor degree. You have 10+ years of experience in HR environment with 3 years experience in a compensation & benefits role in a medium-sized organisation. Should have hands-on experience of Job analysis, Job Evaluation and Pay Structuring.
* Good understanding of Job Evaluation
* Job analysis and writing of Job Descriptions
* Principles of pay structuring
* Strong analytical skills
* Good listening skills
* Strong communication skills
* Good organisational skills
About the Company
Ooredoo, Omans customer friendly communications provider..
Ooredoo combines extensive global expertise and talented, caring people with a genuine understanding of Omani culture to offer you the highest levels of user-friendly technology and customer satisfaction.
Our Vision and Mission
At Ooredoo, we are committed to enhancing your daily life by making communication easier, more versatile and always a rewarding experience.
Our vision is to enrich the lives of people in Oman through better communication services. Furthermore, our mission is to be the communications provider and employer of choice in Oman.