Depot Equipment Technician
The purpose of this position is to provide effective engineering and maintenance services covering the depot equipment for Dubai Metro.
Key Job Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Depot Equipment Team Leader in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications on plant machinery including machine tools, wheel lathe/ presses/ bores, lifting jacks/ cranes, rail maintenance equipment etc;
2. Test functional performance of electromechanical assemblies using various test instruments, replace, install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, align, fit, and assemble component parts, using electronics tools, hand tools, power tools, fixtures, templates, and microscopes;
3. Operate metalworking machines, repair, rework, and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies and systems, verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications and to meet operational specifications and tolerances;
4. Ensure the maintenance tools & equipment are in good condition
5. Perform time sensitive fault diagnostics and component replacement (repair in site or inside depot) on rail maintenance equipment;
6. Follow the appropriate maintenance procedures and instructions, operating procedures and instructions to ensure compliance with the required requirements;
7. Assist the Depot Equipment Team Leader and/or other technical support staff to implement complex systems or new projects;
8. Produce and maintain accurate maintenance records of tools and plant machinery performance, work accomplished and other information using a computerised maintenance management system.
1. Vocational trade certificate or diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent;
2. Working knowledge in operating, maintaining and repairing plant machinery and tools such as machine tools, wheel lathe/ presses/ bores, heavy lifting devices (workshop cranes and jacks), rail maintenance equipment, etc., is desirable.
1. Must have good eyesight and normal colour vision;
2. Strong mechanical mind, and ability to grasp the complexity of inner workings of rolling stock;
3. Ability to use and calibrate various electrical, electronic and mechanical test equipment and PC for the maintenance of depot equipment;
4. Ability to write simple technical reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required;
5. Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
6. Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
7. Hold a valid UAE driving license with good driving skill and experience.
1. Minimum 1 year work experience as a qualified electrical, mechanical, or electro-mechanical
technician in maintaining and repairing depot equipment is highly preferable;
About the Company
About the Company
Serco improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world.
The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.
We have nearly 50 years' experience of helping our customers achieve their goals. Many want us to improve their productivity and service quality. Others need us to support their rapid growth. Government customers face crucial issues such as economic development, congestion, security and climate change. They value the innovation and passion we bring to these challenges, and the collaborative, flexible and imaginative way we work.