Design Lead (Mechanical)
Atkins Middle East
Atkins has been commissioned to embed a Construction Project Management Team working on Civil / infrastructure programmes into a key client’s office and organisation based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The client operates within the Defence Sector and is planning to commence a SAR2bn civils/infrastructure programme over the next 3 to 4 years. This involves two discreet projects (predominantly buildings).
The team will be responsible for managing the client’s construction programme including the appointment of designers and contractors, reviewing, reporting and auditing consultant’s/contractor’s submissions.
As part of this team, we are currently looking for a Design Lead
· Advising the Design Manager on technical matters in core discipline.
· Managing quality and technical compliance
· Monitoring work executed
· Interface with other disciplines, MOD consultants and contractors.
Reporting to the Design Manager.
· Degree qualified in a core design discipline (Mechanical)
· Chartered Engineer (or equivalent)
· Member of a recognised professional institution
· Minimum of 10 years of post graduate professional experience of which 5 will have been in a similar senior position
· At least 5 years experience on multi-disciplinary multi discipline design projects
· Work experience either within the Middle East or on the design of Middle East projects
· Detailed knowledge of applicable international design standards
· Experience of technical design software
· Sound managerial and Technical skill set
· Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
· Ability to liaise with a wide variety of staff and Clients at all levels essential
· Be able to show Leadership skills
· Have excellent team building skills
· Commercial awareness
· Working knowledge of Health & Safety best practices in the Middle East
· Administrative skills
· Delegation skills
· Negotiation and presentation skills
· Ability to Influence at all levels
· Experience of Saudi Arabia building design standards would be advantageous
· Experience of due diligence for building projects desirable
· Experience of undertaking technical reviews.
About the Company
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the world’s major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
• focus on quality
• seek world class design and excellence
• strive to add value
• be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).