Director COO's Office
This role is responsible for assisting the COO in managing the operating units reporting to him by overseeing Special Projects & PMO, Business Reporting & Support and Operations Process Design & Implementation.
Qtel's operational business units are the key drivers of profit and business growth. Effectively managing the operations is very critical to the organization's mission to be a leading telecom in the region. The COO is accountable for the overall success of operations of the company. This role supports the COO in managing the performance of the operational units.
* Responsible for supporting & assisting the COO in managing the functional units reporting to the COO.
* Responsible for monitoring operational performance of all reporting units and provide expert analysis, insights & inferences towards improving performance.
* Oversee standard financial and operational analysis on a regular basis to support COO's overall business planning.
* Highlight key issues based on regular operational reports and advice COO on mitigation steps.
* Oversee the reporting framework and work with functional units to improve reporting requirements and analysis.
* Provide guidance and assistance to the Business Units in implementing operational plans and roadmaps.
* Participate in the annual strategic planning meets/cycle for effective strategy implementation.
* Assist the COO in translating the strategic plan into operational plan and provide support to effectively drive the performance of the operational business units.
* Advise the COO concerning potential strategic risks arising out of operations' performance.
* Undertake bespoke analysis based on COO's request to provide insight on key focus areas for the COO.
* Review business cases, business proposals, etc. that need COO's approval and provide key insights, suggestions, etc. for decision making.
* Keep the COO abreast on the latest technological trends, macro-economics, economic environment, etc. by bringing to his notice areas of opportunity and associated risks.
* Drive development of cross-functional business/ operations processes (e.g., key processes like, product launch management, complaints management, provisioning and activation, etc.)
* Assist the COO in rollout of major initiatives and projects and act as a contact point and communication channel with the functional units.
* Support operational functions in roll-out of processes to support the new Org. structure
* Minimize process and operational conflict across various Qtel operational functions / departments.
* Proactively identify potential process overlaps arising out of organizational changes (for operational areas like Marketing, Sales & Service, New LOB, Technology, etc.)
* Support process improvements for key cross-functional processes in operational areas.
* Work closely with Process & Quality team for any cross-functional process improvement initiative.
* Lead the implementation ofÂ Special Projects through a cross functional team and drive
* Project implementation
* Tracking and reporting of project progress/ KPIs
* Identification and resolution of co-ordination and communication issues
* Identify and resolve potential risks for the program
* Develop cross-functional teams, where necessary, for implementation, reporting and escalation of risks
* Oversee the functioning of the PMO team that is responsible for
* Monitoring large (multi-million QR) projects in close collaboration with Functions/Corporate Centres
* Ensure projects are run as per schedule and highlight delays
* Provide support on project management tools and methodologies and review exceptions (detailed tracking and monitoring to be done by project owners within relevant functions)
* Identify, quantify and follow up project risks/delays, identify potential solutions
* Ensure projects master list is maintained and appropriate reporting is provided to management committees
* Ensure that the COO's Office responds to operational requests within reasonable timeframe and bring to the COO's attention all issues of importance.
* Work closely with all the CXOs and planners in the operating units to ensure alignment with COO's expectations.
This role has significant business impact as it assists the COO in managing & monitoring operations performance and ensuring that operating units meet their scorecard financial & non-financial targets.
Costs & Profitability
No direct impact on cost & profitability; However effective job delivery will improve effectiveness of COO's Office in terms of management of special projects, having seamless cross functional processes and in establishing efficient business reporting & analytics.
* Make sure all issues are reported timely and accurately
* Implement a problem resolution strategy and plan resource allocation aiming to minimize problem resolution time
* Ensure all issues are solved within permitted timeframe
Planning & Organizing
* Initiate, direct, plan, co-ordinate and deliver work programs in line with time, cost and quality targets.
Monitor department performance in line with targets.
Team working, Coaching/Development & Leadership (Coaching & Leadership applicable to people managers)
* Provide leadership, direction, planning and unity of purpose to staff in the department.
* Regularly communicate organizational decisions and policies and company strategy with staff.
* Provide motivation and commitment through visible and effective leadership.
Communicating, negotiating & influencing
* Establish and manage multiple cross-functional relationships, coordination and communication lines with all units in the operational units.
* Work closely with operating unit heads to monitor operational performance.
* Through cross-functional collaboration ensure that COO's expectations & requirements are being met.
Full authority over all work carried out within the department
* Full cost centre authority
* Input into major decisions on a day-to-day basis
* Resource allocation decisions within the department
* Operational decisions to improve methods and procedures
Major decisions (of tactical & strategic) nature in consultation with the COO
* Quality of advice to the COO on key strategic/tactical issues
* Timeliness and accuracy of standard and bespoke reports
* Comprehensiveness of identified business and operational issues, based on analysis
* Instances of process conflict occurring / avoided across functions
* Cost savings and quality improvements on processes monitored
* Success and budget & time compliance of special projects
Timely monitoring and reporting of smaller projects
About the Company
About the Company
Ooredoo, formerly known as Qatar Telecom (Qtel), is a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and South-East Asia. As a community-focused company, Ooredoo is guided by its vision of enriching people’s lives and its belief that it can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential. Ooredoo has a presence in Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Tunisia, Iraq, Palestine, the Maldives and Indonesia. Ooredoo’s shares are listed on the Qatar Exchange and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange.