District Manager – Starbucks
As the premier vendor of the finest coffee, Starbucks is focused on delivering the best experience to every customer at each of our locations around the world, includingÂ Kuwait, KSA, UAE, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Qatar, Bahrain & Oman in the Middle East region.Â We are fortunate to have the opportunity to work with so many communities, and we are committed to providing the Starbucks experience while respecting the local customs and tastes of each country we operate in. We are also committed to hiring locally, currently providing nearly 2700 jobsÂ for more than 30 nationalities includingÂ Arab nationals in overÂ 300 operating stores in the region.
The Way We Do Business
The Starbucks mission statement is more than words on a piece of paper - it's the philosophy that guides how we do business every day.
The Starbucks Mission Statement
To inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one cup, and one neighbourhood at a time.
Here are the principles of how we live that every day:
It has always been, and will always be, about quality. We're passionate about ethically sourcing the finest coffee beans, roasting them with great care, and improving the lives of people who grow them. We care deeply about all of this; our work is never done.
* The District Manager is responsible for managing, coaching and develop Partners. Create and be part of the overall Starbucks Experience. He/she is required to manage the overall operation of the Stores within the assigned district. Develop store management talent, oversee the District's store management workforce, making management staffing decisions. Ensure District wide customer satisfaction in product quality. Responsible for managing the District's financial performance and the safety and security of Partners. Model and act in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
* Drive & deliver sales performance of assigned stores & recommend & implement cost control methods across all the P&L.
* Provide Partners with coaching, feedback & developmental opportunities to ensure effective teams.
* Ensure all operational policies & procedures are adhered to.
* Provide operational expertise to the Business across all markets whilst sharing best practice.
* 3-5 years management experience within multi site food outlet
* Experience of financial reports analysis
* Multi-site management
* Experience in a complex fast paced environment
* Manage operations within multiple stores independently
* Communicate effectively to all levels
* Build relationships
* Plan & prioritize workload
* Strong operational skills
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Mothercare, H&M, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, Harvey Nichols, Boots, Starbucks, The Cheesecake Factory, Vision Express, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Pottery Barn and Office Depot. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies.
Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.