District Manager – Starbucks
As the premier vendor of the finest coffee, Starbucks is focused on delivering the best experience to every customer at each of our locations around the world, includingÂ Kuwait, KSA, UAE, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Qatar, Bahrain & OmanÂ in the Middle East region. We are fortunate to have the opportunity to work with so many communities, and we are committed to providing the Starbucks experience while respecting the local customs and tastes of each country we operate in. We are also committed to hiring locally, currently providing nearly 2700 jobs for more than 30 nationalities including Arab nationals in overÂ 300 operating stores in the region.
The Way We Do Business
The Starbucks mission statement is more than words on a piece of paper - it's the philosophy that guides how we do business every day.
The Starbucks Mission Statement
To inspire and nurture the human spirit - one person, one cup, and one neighbourhood at a time.
Here are the principles of how we live that every day:
It has always been, and will always be, about quality. We're passionate about ethically sourcing the finest coffee beans, roasting them with great care, and improving the lives of people who grow them. We care deeply about all of this; our work is never done.
The District Manager is required to manage the overall operation of the store within the assigned district:
* Drives efficient and profitable operation of assigned Starbucks stores
* Ensures Starbucks experience is consistently provided to all customers
* Store Partners are positively led and empowered, quality store operations are maintained and sales targets are reached
* Ensures efficient and
* Works with store management to identify and utilise opportunities to increase sales
* Controls staff costs and manage appropriate inventories
* Monitors daily, weeklyÂ and monthly/quarterly financial performance, and ensures cash handling is carried out in compliance with company policy and procedure
* Assist Operations Manager in review and preparation of budgets
* Assists in selecting competent partners and management, participates in training, and develops partners to identify potential
* Ensures all systems, procedures and programmes are comminucated to partners and store management.
Skills & Experience:
•Minimum 5 years experience within food service or hotel industry managing multiple stores independently
•Experience of financial reports analysis
•Experience in a fast paced environment
•Familiar with P&L accounts
•Able to communicate clearly and confidently
About the Company
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,600 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 40,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments.