Divisional Manager – Retail – OMASCO
Al Futtaim Group
Oman Marketing and Services Company (Omasco) is a leading trading, property and financial services business in the Sultanate of Oman with key activities in automotive, marine, electronics, projects and engineering, industrial products and other services. Established in 1974, the company represents leading world-renowned brands and strives to be one of the most respected companies in Oman. The Sultanate of Oman holds a well deserved reputation as a highly desirable lifestyle location on the Indian Ocean coast of the Arab Peninsular.
Omasco is represented across Oman with sales and service teams based in each key city or town. The team in Omasco is highly motivated towards trying to provide an excellent customer experience supported by regular training by the franchise Principals to ensure all products can be properly serviced and maintained.
The company holds exclusive distributorship rights in Oman for many world-class brands including Honda, Panasonic, Toyo, Yanmar, GE, Black & Decker, Raymond Weil, Kolber, Dow, Prominent, Culligan, Alba, BPL, Aftron, Rheem, Hamilton Jet and ADNOC.We are currently looking to recruit aÂ Divisional ManagerÂ who willÂ lead the teams involved in electronics and watches retail operations in setting objectives, developing related strategies, creatingÂ new sales channels to customers and managing the best use of all assets and resources to achieve profitable business growth which are aligned with our Principals needs and relevant to our Customers in Oman.
Key responsibilities includes the following:
* To be responsible for developing a strategically significant business growth plan and agreeing the annual revenue and net contribution budget together with supporting strategies and actions which are measureable against previous year results and budget tasking
* To put in place a capable , high performing, enthusiastic and properly resourced team
* To put in place resources to systematically train and develop the team and to share best practices in retail competencies
* To participate in the identification and evaluation of potential new retail business opportunities and to eliminate any loss making activities and to make recommendations
* To monitor and manage the standards in store, the individual and the team, and the processes for each location are all maintained to agreed levels
* To monitor the performances of each store to react swiftly to variances to optimise business results
* To ensure proper stock rotation and control of display stocks and promotional items
* Work closely with key partners in Marketing, Principals, other alliances (cross selling, etc)
* Create and implement promotional activities across the outlets.
* Liaise closely with the product management team the introduction of new products, training, pricing , promotions
* Responsible for each store profitable performance
* Manage the Customer Loyalty Program
* Ensure adherence to commercial rules of the business
* Each store must remain relevant to the customer buying behaviours in the locations in which they are embedded
In order to apply for this roleÂ you should possess the following:
*Any Graduate or Retail Management degree
*7-8 Years of relevant experience
*Customer centric and retail experienced person
*Successful experience in leading and managing multiple retail stores in relevant industry sectors
*Experience in interpreting and using Market intelligence
*Strong leadership skills
*Attention to details
*Good analytical skills
*Ability to lead and develop a team of multi-cultural, multi-lingual background
*Good communication and negotiation skills
*Planning and Organizing skills
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.