A leading luxury retail group have recently undergone a slight restructure and are looking to hire a Divisional Managers for their Luxury Fashion division. The manager will responsible for the complete regional retail operations for 9 to 10 brands and will be supported by country retail managers who will run the stores for them. The Divisional Manager will have 3- 4 direct reports in buying, marketing etc…
The Division Manager is responsible for setting up the division’s goals and objectives, budgets and commercial targets in alignment with the Group’s strategic direction for the short and long term. In addition, he/she is responsible for the planning and development of retail shops networks, and managing the human capital in his/her area, directly or through subordinate managers, ensuring excellence of commercial performance.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in managing multiple luxury fashion brands within retail.
• Develop, monitor and oversee the division’s budgets and financials.
• Analyze and improve cost effectiveness; prepare, submit and justify budget updates to the Retail Regional Manager.
• Prioritize and allocate available division resources, make recommendations for improvement and ensure maximum effective service provision.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the division by validating the final P&L.
• Elaborate the vision at the division level and set up the yearly strategic plan and the yearly budgets in accordance with the organization’s vision and mission.
• Conduct strategic meetings with suppliers, regional teams…to negotiate commercial conditions (margin, animations, exclusivity…).
• Develop and conduct the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
• Coordinate with the Marketing team; recommend marketing mix for existing shops and new openings.
• Attend Managers’ meetings to review the shops performance: sales achievements, marketing activities, staff training and provide reports to high Management in a concise informative manner.
• Record, monitor and analyze market trends, competitor activities; provide action plans and follow up on implementation.
• Monitor and direct daily operations to ensure that goals and objectives are met in term of sales targets, margin and profit and take corrective action when necessary.
• Approve brand mix and oversee smooth implementation of opening, closing and renovation of shops and often get involved with the buying process.
• Maintain smooth relationships with the suppliers and business partners to ensure that overall growth of the division is aligned with the company’s strategy.
• Negotiate targets, locations and brand support with key suppliers.
• Promote customer service excellence by running surveys and analysing benchmarks.
• Make recommendations on hiring, termination, promotion and discipline as required.
• Manage, engage and guide the team reporting to him/her.
• Conduct the appraisal and assessment of own team members.
• Set the objectives and budgets for own team members and ensure their accomplishment.
• Responsible for coaching and training own team members, and formalise and follow up on each team member’s Individual Development Plan, in coordination with the employee and HR.
• Ensure identification and proper development and recognition of Talents.
The ideal candidates will have strong Luxury fashion retail experience, either for one brand which is very big or ideally for multiple brands and again across multiple countries ideally, although candidates who have worked in one country which has a large operation e.g., UK, France, UAE will also be considered.
There will also be travel involved to both regional countries as well as some European countries so you must be willing and able to travel on a monthly basis.
About the Company
About the Company
Edge Resourcing was established in the United Arab Emirates in 2008. We have taken care in our growth and have kept our corporate values throughout.
Edge Resourcing is led by a specialist team of Recruitment Consultants, each of whom have experience of working in and a sound knowledge of the local market place. We have gradually expanded our horizons and now offer specialist services within the Middle East Retail sector. Our aim is to provide a thorough and honest service to both our candidates and clients, making sure that we only take on work which we feel we can service to the correct level of satisfaction required.
We currently offer professional and tailored contingency and retained search services to the following specialist sectors of the market:
Accountancy and Finance
Sales and Marketing
Our aim is to continue to position ourselves in the market as one of the most consistent and successful suppliers of manpower. We strive to make things happen and make a difference to your business and career. Success isn’t just about putting people into jobs, but about giving you an honest, personal service. Whether you are a client or a candidate, our aim is to find out exactly what it is that you are looking for, rather than push you to settle for your second choice.