The DSV is the Company's Representative on the rig site and is responsible for the safe and cost-efficient execution of all drilling/workover related activities in accordance with the programme. He reports to the coastal-based Senior Well Engineer.
• Construct and deliver high quality wells by drilling, working over and/or completing wells as per programme in a cost effective and safe manner.
• Manage the execution of the operations carried out by the rig under their control, following the drilling or work over programmes
• Manage the wellsite organisation (Wellsite Well Engineer, Drilling Contractors, Sub-Contractors and Service Companies); in order to deliver wells in the most efficient manner
• Coordinate rig site response to incidents and accidents. Responsible for doing a first-line investigation and reporting of all accidents and incidents on the location
• Improve the execution quality of drilling, work over and well completion activities by optimising proven techniques and practices, and implementing new technology and innovative operating methods; evaluate and report results; contribute to the development, upgrading and maintenance of drilling and completion standards
• Report and quality check the well data reported in company reporting system in order to provide high quality data stored in data management systems
University Degree in Engineering or Sciences
Shell Round 1 certificate (preferred)
Shell Round 2 certificate (preferred)
• Minimum of 10 years experience as a drilling supervisor.
• Good understanding of process management.
• Possess an excellent command of the English Language (written and oral) combined with excellent communication skills.
• Fully skilled in Well Engineering software's. (EDM, well plan, stress check etc.)
About the Company
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting
Banking & Financial Services
Property & Construction
Engineering & Supply Chain
Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.