Honeywell Middle East Limited
Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS)
A division of Honeywell Automation and Control Solutions (ACS), Honeywell Process Solutions has been a pioneer in automation control for more than 30 years. The company and the other business units of ACS comprise nearly $14 billon of Honeywell’s overall $37 billion revenues. Honeywell Process Solutions employs more than 12,000 people in more than 100 countries and serves several industries, including refining, oil and gas, pulp, paper and printing, power generation, chemicals, life sciences, and metals, minerals and mining.
An opportunity has arisen for a multi-disciplined engineer to join the Honeywell PAS (Process Automation System) Maintenance Team at the Qatar Shell GTL site. The team is a dynamic, multi-disciplined team responsible for ensuring the integrity and operational availability of the Process Automation System.
The team covers all aspects of preventative and corrective maintenance, DCS configuration troubleshooting through to supporting plant modification projects, commissioning activities and plant startup.
The team is an integrated part of the Qatar Shell GTL asset team and as such, the candidate will need to feel comfortable in interacting with the client and have good written and oral communication skills.
The Qatar Shell GTL site requires individuals to be able to manage a high workload, in a high pressure environment whilst maintaining focus on priorities and carrying out work in a safe and controlled manner.
The position is a site based position (5 days per week) at the Qatar Shell GTL site in Ras Laffan Industrial City, State of Qatar. This is a local hire position and not rotational.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform routine/complex preventative maintenance work and/or corrective activities for all system components that comprise the PAS (Process Automation System).
• Definition, design, and implementation of PM scope.
• Deploy latest system software, patches and updates (including Honeywell On and Off Process Migrations)
• Deploy latest security and antivirus updates across the PAS.
• Identify and contribute, where relevant, to hands-on training of other PAS Maintenance Team members.
• Understand and adhere to the ‘management of change’ (MoC) process.
• Responsible for all activities pertaining to the requesting, accepting and closing of permits to work (inclusive of performing risk assessment and site impact analysis, peer reviews ensuring the necessary approvals and controls are in place before work proceeds and that the implementers are aware of the limits and restrictions of permits)
• Raise the necessary SR’s with the relevant Honeywell Technical Assistance Centre and follow issues through to resolution.
• Escalate any SR issues considered to have either a serious impact or political impact to the System Custodian immediately.
• Maintain pro-active relationship with customer.
• Take part in an on-call rota to support the operational availability of the PAS out of normal working hours.
• Support site start-up and commissioning activities working closely with operations.
• Adhere to, and ensure the full adherence of others to the sites mandatory Process Control Domain security requirements
• Strong HSSE mentality/culture in your approach to work
• Experience of working with live plant equipment in an operational environment (including online work)
•You should be familiar with various Experion PKS operating, configuration and troubleshooting displays and tools to identify and rectify faults related to:
• You should have good working knowledge of:
- Where to find, and how to interrogate Experion System Logs and Analysis tools.
- All Experion hardware and software configuration areas
- Windows 2003 Server and security issues
- Cisco based networks
- Basic process control techniques and control strategy implementation
• You should have excellent problem solving skills, strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills in order to:
Desirable skills sets:
• Experience of Foundation Fieldbus and HART
• Field Device Manager
About the Company
About the Company
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global megatrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 122,000 employees worldwide, including 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.