Electrical Building Services Design Engineer
ITS Technical Recruitment Limited
Undertake detailed electrical engineering building services design.
• Working knowledge of all of the following electrical engineering software tools: Amtech, Dialux, IES, Hevacomp, Elevate and Revit.
• Undertake detailed design calculations using the software above and has the ability to cross check the results using hand calculations.
• Ensure service and project work are carried out within agreed deadlines and within budget.
• Working knowledge of AutoCad software.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software packages.
• Detailed knowledge of IEE Wiring Regulations (BS7671).
• Preparation of technical specifications and schedules.
• Preparation and contribution to design development reports.
• Plan and manage input to CAD for production of design work.
• Work closely with and monitor performance of Technician (as appropriate)
• Coordinating his/her work with other members of the project team.
• Continually ensuring that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client’s best interests.
• Actively working towards Chartered Engineering status.
• Commitment to CPD and self learning / development.
• Has registered with relevant Chartered Institute (CIBSE and/or IET) and holds and maintains their own training log book.
• Has built upon academic learning and applies this knowledge into practical engineering situations.
• Uses academic knowledge and experience gained to date to offer suggestions and improvements to engineering solutions.
• Enjoys solving technical problems and how these might make a positive impact on a project.
• Thrives in a team environment and actively engages with team colleagues on work assignments.
• Is able to work on own initiative, without the need for frequent encouragement or reminders.
• Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be fluent in English.
• Has gained significant post-graduate engineering design consultancy experience in a role that has involved each of the ‘Key Responsibilities’ outlined below, allowing the individual to develop working knowledge of each of these areas.
• Able to design to both British and American standards
About the Company
About the Company
ITS Construction personnel are an independently owned group of companies, specialising in the supply of personnel to construction companies across Central, Southern England and South Wales since 1973.
ITS, operates exclusively in the construction and building industry markets, specialising in the supply of Trades and Labour, Construction Management, Technical, Asbestos, Facilities Management, M&E and Maintenance staff.
We have succeeded for so long by ensuring that we meet all of our client’s requirements, whether they are temporary, permanent and skilled or unskilled. Our workforce encompasses all the skill classifications a 21st century construction project requires.
Our hands-on management team have unrivalled experience in the industry and an equally impressive client list; we can proudly claim to have supplied virtually every major contractor and house builder within the UK.