Electrical Design Engineer
GS Engineering & Construction
Electrical Design Engineers role & responsibilities are to prepare the Basic (FEED)
Engineering of Electrical system in line with client requirement meeting all the relevant and applicable International, national standards and local statutory & regulatory requirement. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
Having experience in Basic (FEED) Engineering
Plans and conducts independent work within a global business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to solving problems.
Provides technical direction and assigns work to engineers, designers, and drafters who assist on specific assignments.
Design optimization & Value Engineering
Experience in working with electrical equipment/material vendors to specify, evaluate technical bids and reviewing vendor documentation for the full range of electrical equipment/materials required for projects.
Review, analyze and optimize Power System studies using ETAP / EDSA - Load flow, Short circuit, Motor-starting, Harmonic study, Motor Reacceleration study, Transient System Study, Stability study, Relay Coordination, etc.
Review, analyze and optimize Single Line Diagrams - Key & Sub SLDs for EHV(GIS or Conventional type),HV, LV Switchgears & MCCs with all Protections & Metering schemes, Lighting, Small power etc.
Review, analyze and optimize layout or arrangement drawings for electrical equipment
Review, analyze and optimize Generator control & protection system and any interfaces with the relevant electrical system
Review, analyze and optimize Electrical equipment sizing calculations: Transformer, NGR Sizing, Capacitor sizing, DG sets, AC/DC UPS sizing, DC Load profile, HV & LV Cable sizing, Grounding, Indoor & Outdoor Lighting (using relevant software) etc.
Review, analyze and optimize of Data Sheets & Specification for All Electrical equipments like: LV /HV Switchboards, Transformers, Generators, HV / LV Motors, HV / LV cables, Lighting fixtures, Electrical control panels, DBs, JBs etc.
Review of Hazardous area Classification Layouts with selection of Electrical equipment according to the Hazardous area classification.
Review of Engineering Documents:Electrical load list, Cable schedules, Lighting scheduling, Motor & Load schedule etc.
Review, analyze and optimize conceptual Layout like Cable & Cable Tray / Trench Layout, Earthing Layout, Lighting Layouts, Electrical equipment arrangement layouts etc.
Review, analyze and meet the requirement of Telecommunication system, Security & Access control system, CCTV and Cathodic Protection and Electrical Heat Tracing system etc.
Review, analyze and optimize Various Standard Installation detail drawings Power, Lighting, Grounding, Telecommunication, Fire Alarms, Cathodic Protection system etc.
Experience in working with estimation of quantity of electrical equipment and bulk materials.
Education and training
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Full conversant with relevant international code & standards such as IEC, BS, NEC, IEEE, ANSI, NEMA, API standards and other local regulation(Saudi, GOST etc.)
- Full conversant with design practices in Oil & gas and Petroleum industry with system requirements and standards of Saudi Aramco KSA.
- Full Conversant with POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS SOFTWARE: ETAP, EDSA for Load flow, Short Circuit Study, Motor Starting Study ,Harmonic study, Motor Reacceleration study, Transient System Study, Stability study, Relay Coordination,etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Conversant with the requirement of ISO 9001:2008
- 20 years experience in Basic (FEED) & Detail Engineering of
Electrical system in field of Refineries, Petrochemical plant,
Oil & Gas sectors and/or Power plant(Cogeneration and/or CCPP)
- Saudi Aramco, SABIC, UAE Takreer and Indorama company Project
- Experience in preparing proposal and ITB
- Competent with MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience of working with a multinational workforce
- Experience working in PMC or Client side
- Over five(5) years experience for Basic (FEED) Engineering
- Engineering experience for power plant(Co-generation or CCPP including EHV substation and / or Transmission line)
About the Company
About the Company
GS E&C has established its status as a top-ranking company domestically since its foundation in 1969 by achieving tremendous growth in the fields of architecture, civil engineering, housing, plant, environment and power plant.
Through continuous development of its human resources, acquisition of technologies, determined challenges and practices, GS E&C has set forth the stepping stones to leap as a Global Leading Company.