After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Electrical Draftsman – MEP
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Engineering is multi-disciplinary engineering organisation which has been operating throughout the United Arab Emirates since 1974. As a member of the Al-Futtaim Group, we enjoy the benefits of being a part of one of the leading business houses operating in the lower Gulf Region.
Through our five divisions, we offer a wide variety of products and services in the construction, commercial and industrial sectors. Our involvement in numerous large scale projects in the UAE has given us a wealth of experience. From Scaffolding to Elevators and Security Systems to Air-conditioning, Sanityware and Facilities Management, the Al-Futtaim name spells quality & reliability.
This role is for our Qatar Operations and in this role you will have the following responsibilities:
• Study the tender for construction documents (electrical and related disciplines) in detail and develop clear understanding of scope, specifications and details
• Preparation of shop/detailed drawings, prepare load schedules and schematics, etc.
• Take off and prepare bill of quantities.
• Review the construction drawings for other services and prepare accurate coordination drawings and details.
• Conduct site visits to understand/ensure the accuracy and correctness of drawings.
• Carry out regular site visits, regularly gather information from site team and prepare As Built drawings and information.
• Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of all software/hardware related to drafting office.
• Prepare and maintain drawing and document submission schedules and submit/follow up drawing/document submissions and approvals.
To be successful in winning this role, the following are the prerequisites:
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering/Certification in CAD
• Thorough knowledge and speed in producing drawings in latest versions AutoCAD and should have good knowledge in tools/commands/options.
• Thorough knowledge and ability to design LV electrical, lighting control, fire alarm & voice evacuation, PA/BGM, BMS & controls, Telephone/Data, Central battery Emergency lighting, MATV, security, structured cabling, earthing & Lightning protection systems
• Ability to maintain high drafting standards and should have experience in working with blocks/layers/x-ref systems.
• Ability to produce details of highest quality and clarity.
• Ability to coordinate with other contractors, main contractor & consultant engineers and resolve technical issues.
• Ability to select and maintain appropriate plotting techniques to the industry and company standards.
• UAE/Qatar Driving License optional
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.