After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Electrical Engineer – AlFuttaim Engineering
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Engineering is multi disciplinary engineering organisation which has been operating throughout the United Arab Emirates since 1974. As a member of the Al-Futtaim Group, we enjoy the benefits of being a part of one of the leading business houses operating in the lower Gulf Region.
Through our five divisions, we offer a wide variety of products and services in the construction, commercial and industrial sectors. Our involvement in numerous large scale projects in the UAE has given us a wealth of experience. From Scaffolding to Elevators and Security Systems to Air-conditioning, Sanityware and Facilities Management, the Al-Futtaim name spells quality & reliability.
Due to the continuous success AlFuttaim Engineering decided to expand operations in Egypt
The following are the key accountabilities of the job:
* Study the tender/for construction documents (electrical and related disciplines) in detail and develop clear understanding of scope, details and responsibilities.
* Coordinate & liaise with main contractor, consultants, suppliers and other sub-contractors and attend daily/weekly coordination meetings.
* Responsible for protecting/maintaining company's interests in terms of commercial, technical, quality & safety aspects to highest standards
* Manage the site staff and lead the team imparting clear objectives and motivation to achieve targeted results
* Manage the day to day site activities including implementation of method statements review of material requisitions, material management, house keeping etc
* Maintain a good understanding of project priorities & programme and plan weekly/daily work allocations effectively to optimise operating costs.
* Ensure that works are done safely and as per approved drawings/ schematics/ specifications and carryout all related documentation as per the project requirements.
* Ensure that all works are tested and commissioned as per the project requirements, results are recorded, inspected and approved by consultants.
To be successful in winning this role, the following are the prerequisites:
* Degree in Electrical Engineering
* Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with foremen/charge hands and command respect and confidence
* Ability to coordinate with other contractors, main contractor & consultant engineers and resolve issues of conflict in a tactful and professional manner.
* Ability to understand commercial aspects and highlight additional works/variations to superiors.
* Thorough knowledge and experience in the installation of LV electrical, lighting control, fire alarm & voice evacuation, PA/BGM, BMS & controls, Telephone/Data, Central battery Emergency lighting, MATV, security, structured cabling, earthing & Lightning protection systems
* Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.