Electrical Engineer – Landscape
• Working on construction site, assists Resident Engineer with implementing electrical engineering practices and related standards.
• Electrical systems subject matter expert
• Develops and implements QA procedures to ensure quality control performed by others is properly implemented throughout the programme and assigned projects.
• Reviews standards for materials and equipment to ensure they are in accordance with the specifications and LEED sustainability plan.
• Performs constructability, buildability, and maintainability reviews, especially as related to electrical systems and energy performance requirements.
• Reviews shop drawing and construction-phase submittals when issues arise that require specific technical assistance.
• Provides input regarding all energy efficiency and performance standards.
• Reviews design drawings and specifications at periodic check points as required by the PMP milestones.
• Participates in value engineering and scope and budget reconciliation when required or requested.
• Writes detailed reports related to electrical engineering of projects and confers with project and programme managers as requested.
• Supports the needs of other discipline leads for input to their efforts.
• Develops detailed strategies for energy conservation measures and EMS control strategies to reduce energy consumption.
• Checks or performs energy savings calculations, conducts site investigations, and creates estimates and written descriptions of conservation measures in support of proposals and technical audits.
• Assists in qualifying the feasibility of energy efficiency and capital improvement opportunities. Makes site trips to collect facility and utility data to develop and run energy screening models.
• Synchronizes electrical engineering practices and standards throughout program.
• Reports to Senior Electrical Engineer
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
Min 7 years technical/construction experience
Min 7 years construction supervision and design experience.
Experience required in design and construction of hard and soft landscape and associated electrical works including high and low voltage lighting, utility review and coordination, irrigation systems and pump stations.
Min 7 years infrastructure construction experience
Professional Electrical Engineer Registration preferred
Expert level computer skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Superior organizational skills
About the Company
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.