Electrical & Instrumentation Control Engineer – PMC (Oil & Gas)
Atkins Middle East
• The Electrical & Instrument Control Engineer/Suptd. report technically to company nominated PMT member and administratively to the PMC Project Manager, and are responsible for all technical issues related to their area of specialization subject to the overall review by Company PMT.
• The Electrical & Instrument Control Engineer/Suptd. is responsible for co-ordination of his technical areas and co-ordination with other discipline specialists where areas interface or overlap. Review, co-ordination and consolidation of comments for all EPC Contractor deliverables is a prerequisite.
• Receipt and tracing of all deliverables and responses to EPC Contractor following approval / endorsement by Company. Fully understand Company’s technical requirement, based on the area of specialization and project scope provide inputs into design work and deliverables of the EPC Contractor.
• Ensure appropriate review and comments by Company concerned parties into the approval process for EPC Contractor / other party’s deliverables.
• To communicate the incorporation or to resolve differences, in comments from these groups to the PMC.
• Where such proposals are endorsed / approved, respond to EPC Contractor’s technical queries raised within the appropriate cycle. Monitor the quality of progress of the EPC Contractor in their area of specialization.
• Monitor construction progress, pre commissioning and commissioning of the terminal.
• Raise issues from such monitoring to the Company for discussion and resolution with the EPC Contractor.
• Review all concessions and deviation requests from EPC Contractor and make appropriate recommendation to the PMT. Provide reviews and co-ordinate authorized approval by Company of deviation requests by vendors or construction contractor to the specification requirements.
• Review and advise Company PMT members on the validity and content of variations.
• Review other Party’s documentation (like HSEIA Study, Pipeline route survey results, Geo Technical Survey reports etc.) and provide comments pertaining to their respective disciplines.
• B.Tech or equivalent degree in Instrumentation/Electronics Engineering from an accredited University with minimum of 12 + years relevant work experience at senior level.
• An exposure working on Electrical Installation also is expected.
• Candidate must have hands-on experience handling Terminal Automation Systems, Emergency Shutdown Systems, Radar tank aging, metering skid, loading arm control system, etc.
• Fully familiar/conversant with installation, testing and commissioning of electrical equipment and systems, e.g. DG Sets, UPS, Switch Gear, Integrated Protection Control Systems, Telecommunication equipments, etc.
• Candidate must have handled installations related to Substations and Control Room DCS.
• Fully familiar with installation, testing and commissioning of control system, field instruments. Familiarity with installation, testing and commissioning of electrical equipments and systems.
• Experience in telecommunication, CCTV, HVAC and cathodic protection will be added advantage.
• Candidate shall be thoroughly conversant with international codes, standards and recommended practices to be employed in oil/gas projects.
• Candidate must have dealt with variations, concession requests and design change requests for major projects at site.
• Middle East experience in similar projects is desirable.
About the Company
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the world’s major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
• focus on quality
• seek world class design and excellence
• strive to add value
• be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).