Employee Relations Supervisor
Employee Relation Supervisor is responsible for creating a fair, respectful, diverse and high performance culture enabling people to contribute their best. The post holder will develop, deliver and maintain a business focused employee relations strategy that meets the needs of all ORYX GTL stakeholders.
- Department Strategy:
* Contribute to the strategic development of the Human Resource function by developing a progressive, business focused employee relations strategy that meets the current and future needs of the Company.
- Organization Structure:
* Lead on the employee relations aspects of proposed changes to organization structure and employment levels and contracts which are needed to support the delivery of ORYX GTL business objectives.
* Manage the people aspects of any restructures within the organization, including redeployment and redundancy are completed within timescales and budgets. Ensure that appropriate HR support mechanisms are in place for staff.
- Employee Relations Management:
* Identify and implement positive employee relations programmes, in consultation with relevant stakeholder groups, that will lead to a more efficient and motivated workforce.
* Develop programmes to promote employee retention.
* Follow up on issues emerging from employees’ satisfaction surveys and exit interviews for capturing employee inputs.
* Gather information on employees’ feelings about factors that affect employees morale, motivation, and efficiency.
- Analytical Study:
* Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine cases of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of ORYX GTL HR Policies and Standards.
- SAP Updates:
* Prepare reports and enter and updates medical, insurance, retirement and other personnel forms and records.
* Ensure that all data pertaining to employees entered into SAP is correct and in accordance with actual supporting documents.
- Employee Performance:
* Contribute to the continued improvement of the health of the Company by monitoring performance indicators, such as sickness absences, levels of grievances and disciplinaries and work/ life balance, and developing initiatives and solutions to enable positive trends.
* Track the performance of employees on probation; systematically follow up on performance appraisal appeals and recommend necessary action.
- Expert Advice:
* Provide responsive and high quality support, training and advice to all parts of the business including senior managers to ensure the appropriate management of all employees relations issues in a particular change management, grievances, poor performance and disciplinary action.
* Provide advice and guidance on all the ER aspects of pay and reward projects, changes to pay related terms and conditions of employment, pay reviews and their implementation.
* Provide accurate advice on issues arising from employment contracts and legislation
* Explain Company compensation and benefit programmes, such as medical, insurance and retirement.
* Act as focal points for ORYX GTL employees on Human Resources Policies and Procedures and liaise with other Departments to provide informed answers.
* preparing employee handbook to ensure that the workforce is aware of Company policies
* Develop and implement negotiating mechanism with trade unions which support the annual review of pay and benefits together with any structural changes.
* Track and capture systematically the development of issues from the initial trigger through to their resolution; Investigate and follow up on grievance, harassment and disciplinary cases, conduct grievance and disciplinary interviews with employees and produce the necessary investigation reports with recommendations.
* Investigate and follow up on unexplained leaves of absence.
* Audit benefit accounts and examine records to ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
- PROBLEM SOLVING:
* A key challenge for this job is to evaluate and resolve work related problems, and to meet management to determine appropriate action.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources (or related Major)
7 Years experience in Human Resources (with minimum 3 Years experience in the Oil & Gas sector)
Job Specific Skills:
- Quality Management Systems
- Business Skills and Understanding
- Financial Awareness
- IT Applications
- Data Collection and Analysis
About the Company
About the Company
Rising from the desert with great speed and efficiency is the gas to liquids production facility, ORYX GTL, a joint venture between Qatar Petroleum (51%) and Sasol of South Africa (49%). The first of a series of planned GTL production facilities that will deliver on the declared ambition of the State of Qatar to become the GTL capital of the world.