Engineer (Network Costing)
To analyze technical network information to be used for costing process under the requirements of Regulatory and Management reporting
· To ensure correctness of technical inputs in the Omantel Fixed and Mobile costing model
· To analyze technical information of Omantel infrastructure related to various networks elements, e.g., Access, Leased Lines, Transmission, GSM, Marine, TV, and Radio networks
· To analyze system engineering, traffic engineering and planning parameters to be utilized for costing of services
· To manage and coordinate technical studies required for assigning the cost of network elements usage for different type of calls in Cost Driver Grid in Activity Based Costing system (SAS ABM) to distribute Network Cost to services
· To coordinate and compile traffic information (voice & data), both retail and interconnect, at transmission level
· To coordinate with planning department and compile information on development of new technologies in Omantel fixed and mobile networks
· To analyze Costing Data output for any discrepancies and correction if required
· To provide costing information to support management decsions and Business Units
· Strategic Finance assigned initiatives
· Technical Support for Separated Regulatory Accounts (SRA) on annual basis
· Technical Support for costing management reports on monthly basis
· Professional knowledge of telecoms costing
· High skill in MS Office, particularly, Excel Spreadsheet application
· Hands on knowledge of network planning, deployment and maintenanc
· Good organizing and time management skills
· Good analytical skills
· Good report writing skills
Should have at least 5 years engineering experience, preferably, in telecoms network planning and deployment
About the Company
About the Company
Omantel is the pioneer of total communications solutions in the Sultanate of Oman. We have the widest choice of state of the art services with the broadest network coverage. We listen to understand your needs and value feedback. We strive to deliver on our promises.
Omantel (as both Omantel and Oman Mobile) has offered the full spectrum of telecommunications solutions to the people and businesses of Oman since the dawn of the Renaissance in 1970. Over the years, as the pioneering telecommunications supplier, we have striven to connect even the most remote communities to each other and to the rest of the world. As a pillar of the Omani economy, Omantel has been a leading player in Oman’s progress and national development.
The Omantel logo, embodies the Omani heritage, in the form of the Khanjar. Our color palette, blue and orange, signals our dedication to professionalism and progression as well as a vibrant spirit. The Omantel name, combined both in Arabic and English, is cradled and encapsulated in our new brand symbol reflecting a caring mindset.
Our tagline reflects also our philosophy of togetherness as this is at the heart of everything we do – as we lead the way in bringing individuals, families, businesses and regions ever closer together using leading edge technology for communications.