Allen & York
Allen & York are recruiting for a prestigious E&P Oil & Gas organization an Engineering Superintendent to be based in Turkmenistan on a 35/35 rotation basis. Position's mission is to manage all field Engineering activities and supervise field engineering team. Also, to ensure that all field engineering works are carried out safely and up to the professional level on time and within budget of the company.
• Produce safe, auditable and cost effective Engineering solutions in the field
• Ensure safe, auditable and cost effective implementation of Scope of Works, Design packages, procedures, reports and different tests in the field.
• Production of realistic schedules for minor Engineering works and implementation programs.
• Provide an effective and professional Engineering and Supervisory service to the field and Dubai Engineering Department
• Ensure all Administration and Engineering Records are auditable and follow Correct Procedures.
• Identify opportunities for facilities optimization and liaise with all concerns for additional requirements
• Optimize processes as much as possible and chemicals consumptions.
• Review engineers’ works and third parties’ packages and reports such as but not limited to Consultants’ reports, new modifications and new Projects.
• Support trouble shooting and investigations and provide solutions.
• Support different type of studies and provide professional opinions
• Ensure the availability and updated of facility drawings and documents in the company system and the facility designated locations.
• Evaluate Inspection and Maintenance reports and issue the required corrective recommendations. Corrosion problems, equipment vibration reading are examples of the above.
• Supervise Inspection engineers and ensure high Quality of Inspection’s programs to maintain integrity of DOTL facilities
Communication and Relationships
The candidate of this position must have excellent communication skills In English and If possible In Russian. The candidate should have a strong and amicable nature with the ability to communicate effectively with both Management and the regular staff. He/She should also be able to Liaise with Certifying Authority Surveyors/Engineers.
This candidate will hold a supervisory position which will entail liaison and Supervision of the Company personnel and various sub-contractors with varying numbers of same.
Problem Solving / Complexity
This candidate must have excellent engineering skills and experience in working in a technically and logistically challenging environment. Also, he/she has the ability to simplify complex problems for practical and cost effective application In the field as this is critical for execution of this task.
It is envisaged that this position will carry complimentary disciplines eg, Structural, Mechanical, Piping, Chemical, Electrical and Instrument & Control. As such, will help to understand team members from different disciplines and be able to find safe and cost effective solutions.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility
This candidate must have the ability and experience to make engineering decisions In the field without constant reference to Dubai office. All Engineering Decisions and Initiatives should be taken within Specifications and they will be honoured as Long as financial and safety parameters are adhered to.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager In Dubai with a reporting line to the Field Manager In the field.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• B. S. degree from a recognized University in a relevant discipline to oil business
• Minimum of 20 years of experience in design, specification, installation, quality assurance commissioning, maintenance of large Oil & Gas Onshore & offshore projects and Plants in Oil & Gas industry (with emphasis to thorough understanding of process and management Skills
• Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently, good coordination and proficient in English language
• Team leader, good communication and report writing skills
• Technical competencies and multidisciplinary experience
• Proficiency to operate and use computer programs/systems
• Knowledge of relevant industry and international standards applicable to the oil & gas industries (API, ANSI, ASME, NEMA, NFPA, NEC/IEC, etc.) required
• Relevant experience in different disciplines such as Chemicals, Mechanical, Piping, rotating equipment, Structural, Civil, Electrical, Instrumentation & Control, etc:
Position based in Hazar, Turkmenistan on a rotational basis. The environment is third world, in that operating conditions can be arduous. The candidate may spend some time In Dubai for Engineering and as work demand or deemed by Engineering Manager.
Rotations scheme is 35 days on / 35 days off.
Indicative salary is circa $12,000 / month on a 12 months basis ($144,000 / year) + accommodations, medical, tickets...
A consultant will be in contact should your application be taken further. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful in your application. Please note that our website is always being updated with the latest job opportunities within Energy Services, Health & Safety, Environment, Planning, Engineering, Mining & Minerals and Renewable Energy.
This is one of many Energy job opportunities provided through Allen & York.
Energy includes Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Renewable Energy, Energy Services, Energy Management.
About the Company
About the Company
Allen & York is a market leading specialist Recruitment Company serving the Environment, Planning & Built Environment, Energy and Health & Safety sectors. We enjoy a distinguished reputation for quality and professionalism.
Our proven ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from a development of close working relationships, strategic understanding, personalised problem solving and specialist experience within the Natural and Built Environment market sectors.
Based in the United Kingdom and established in 1993, Allen & York provide high quality personnel to national and international organisations at all levels within the sectors of Environment, Planning & Built Environment, Health & Safety, Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Geo-environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Environmental Health & Safety, Environmental Management, Water Management and Waste Management.