Makkah, Saudi Arabia
• Oversees and approves all Housekeeping work schedules to ensure proper coverage and even distribution of workloads
• Ensure that all Housekeeping equipment is properly maintained to hotel standards and in good working order
• Ensure that all guest requests and special needs are addressed in a timely manner
• Holds monthly meeting to update and train staff on key departmental and hotel issues
• Organizes staff for social and guest functions
• Inventories supplies on a regular basis
• Controls guest supplies stock and issues new orders
• Reports and documents any observed or known safety hazards, injuries, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
• Thorough knowledge of Housekeeping
• Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
• Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
• Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system
Education / Certification:
• High School graduate or equivalent required
• Four year college degree preferred
10 years of experience in HK management in large-scale hotels.
As per the Saudi law, only Muslims can live in the Holy city of Makkah.
About the Company
Anjum Hotels is backed by the resources and capital of one of the leading real estate and development companies in the region – ALJREIC (Abdul Latif Jameel Real Estate Investment Co. Ltd), a 100% Saudi Arabian-owned corporation, with Group interests in a diverse range of businesses.
Based on our Sharia values, we will be opening our flagship hotel in Makkah – Anjum Hotel – in the second quarter of 2013, bringing a new hotel concept to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Here, spirituality will meet genuine Hijazi hospitality, in a hotel experience unlike any other.
With an expert management team whose vast combined experience has been gained with the world’s leading hotel brands, Anjum is set to deliver international-standard hospitality – with a strong spiritual ethos that informs how we operate at every level.