After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Al Tamimi & Company
Abu Dhabi, UAE
We are looking for an Executive Secretary for our Abu Dhabi Office. This individual will be responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support to lawyers in order to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner.
Specific duties will vary considerably according to specific needs of the office and / or department.
These include but are not limited to:
- Perform tasks as Lawyers first point of contact with people from inside and outside the Firm; provide a high level of client service at all times; project and maintain a positive image
- Receive, screen and respond appropriately to telephone calls, inquiries and requests on behalf of assigned Lawyer(s) as directed by them; take accurate messages and follow up as requested by Lawyer in order to ensure client inqueries are dealt with promptly and professionally.
- Deal with Lawyer’s incoming email, faxes and post as appropriate
- Liaise with clients and other staff in compliance with Lawyer’s requests
- Organise and manage Lawyer’s schedule, review schedule with Lawyer on a daily basis, make and confirm appointments on their behalf and keep Lawyer informed of daily agenda. Reschedule as requested
- Liaise with Administration Coordinator in regards to Lawyer’s travel and accommodation arrangements
- Take dictation for assigned Lawyer, perform typing and transcription of documentation as required
- Compose and type letters, memos, correspondence and reports as requested by Lawyer(s)
- Maintain and update assigned Partner’s files to deal efficiently with paper flow and organization and storage of paper work, documents and computer-based information
- Participate in the billing process
- Perform other work related tasks as required
Desired start date: As soon as possible
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in a professional services company or department is essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and Internet browsing
- Sound knowledge of office procedures
- Working knowledge of record-keeping techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with most senior executives
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to effectively manage schedules at a senior level
- Experience in audio typing is a must.
Language Skills: English
Current Residence: UAE Only
About the Company
Al Tamimi & Company is the largest and most dynamic non-affiliated law firm in the Middle East with 13 offices across 7 countries and comprising 270 lawyers.
Over the years we have advised, and continue to support, government, government-owned entities, local, regional and international companies, banks and financial institutions along with both international and regional law firms.
Our core strength is our people and the diversity of their experience and local knowledge. Our reputation for excellence and regional experience extends beyond our network of offices in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Iraq and Oman. As a firm, our ability to practice local law in each of these jurisdictions – and the ability of each of our licensed litigators to have rights of audience before local courts – is a unique strength that truly sets us apart from our competitors.