After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Executive Sous Chef – Bakery
Emirates Flight Catering
Emirates Flight Catering (EKFC) part of the Emirates Group is the world¡¦s largest in-flight catering operation providing in-flight catering and support services for airlines from Dubai International Airport. With a workforce of over 6500 multinational employees and four work sites, EKFC has a clientele of 120 airlines and airline hospitality lounges in Dubai International Airport as well as running a large off airport Food and Beverage business.
This position is within the Production Department for the Bakery section.
Reporting to Executive Chef, your responsibilities will include:
• Guide, assist and monitor the performance of the Bakery section during the shift. Coordinates all the activities during the shift within the kitchen and communicates with the external and internal clients and suppliers.
• Aid and assist the Executive Chefs in the daily duties and requirements of the department and deputize on his/her behalf as required.
• Schedule staff roster and coordinate the work of production staff to ensure that food preparation is as per menu specification, that recipes and methods are strictly followed while ensuring compliance with the Hygiene and Safety Policy.
• Carry out close supervision and inspection through all the production sections in both processes and staff and report findings thereby ensuring that staff performance meets the production deadline to avoid any delays for the airlines, events catering or F&B outlets.
• Partnering with human resources in conducting training, disciplinary and grievances meetings, recruitments and performance management for the department employees.
• Evaluate statistics on wastage and ensure that food preparation is done in an economical manner and establish controls to minimize food and supply.
• Ensure that the kitchen equipment is used in a proper and safe manner and evaluate performance of kitchen equipment to ensure continuity of the processes.
• Ensure that staff are professionally supervised, motivated and trained with the aim to improve their performance and maintain discipline and encourage the staff to develop new recipes and methods.
• Coordinate with other departments as necessary in order to complete assigned work.
• Prepare monthly forecasts for raw materials for the assigned section based on requirements and production schedule.
• Conduct training and internal tasting panel with team members to improve, assess and monitor quality for all products.
• Diploma / Bachelor's degree or related culinary degree with industry & culinary management experience.
• Extensive experience in a 5 star kitchen or airline catering with demonstrated hands on experience in Commercial Bakery and Pastry operations.
• Working knowledge of Bakery Automation processes dealing with high volume processing machinery and equipments.
• European bakery knowledge or international bakery accreditations is an advantage.
• High standards of verbal and written communication in English and should be computer literate.
• Ability to work and perform under significant pressure in a 24/7 working environment.
• A professional manner with the ability to meet targets and achieve results.
• Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain constructive relationships with others.
• Should be able to efficiently delegate tasks to the kitchen staff, pay great attention to detail.
About the Company
Emirates Flight Catering is 90% owned by Emirates airline, with the remaining share being held by Dubai Civil Aviation. In July 2007, the Company inaugurated its technologically advanced catering facility dedicated to servicing the flights of Emirates airline. The facility, with a built-up area of over 56,000 square metres and the capacity to produce over 115,000 meals per day, is the largest of its kind in the world in terms of volume throughput. It features high levels of automation including a 2.55km long electric monorail system for the transportation of meal carts, a bin conveyor system to transfer clean items from the Warewash area to the Production and Operations Departments, and a vacuum waste system with pipes over 600m in length.
The existing facility was originally commissioned in 1982 and has been continually updated and upgraded since then. The Company also caters to other airlines operating at Dubai International Airport. In total, the Company services over 110 regular airline clients.