(FEED) Instrument & Control Design Engineer
GS Engineering & Construction
Project Instrument & Control Engineer’s role & responsibilities are to establish and implement the Instrument & Control Engineering in line with GS E&C corporate instrument engineering standards. The duties include but are not limited to the following;
• Ensure implementation of the Instrument & Control Engineering
• Instrument & Control Engineer in the EPC industry supporting oil, gas and petrochemical processing facilities.
• Participate in and/or review the various formal engineering materials.
• Responds to complex inquiries regarding FEED guidelines of instrument engineering and revisions
• Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution
• Be on hand to answer urgent questions
• Responsible for preparing index, specifications, data sheets, etc.
• Responsible for reviewing construction drawings such as wiring layouts, typical installation details, logic diagram, etc
• Coordinate and communicate with suppliers, clients, and other engineering disciplines on instrument engineering issues.
• Participate in the development of P&ID's, equipment specifications, process logic diagrams and shutdown keys.
• Responsible for reviewing the packaged equipment data in the light of the instrument engineering standard and project requirements
• Ensure that the Project meets international standards.
• Report the performance status of instrument engineering and relevant issues to the Lead Engineer.
• Support department for establishing of new and revised policies, procedures, document template revisions, engineering interpretation and guidance, as requested
1. Education and training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Inst & Control, or Electrical Engineering from a recognized institute.
- Full conversant with International engineering standards, codes and industry practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Fluent operation of SPI software for instrument calculation, Instrument index, data sheet generation, etc.
- Fluent operation of Microsoft Office software, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Experience as instrument & control engineering relevant position minimum 10 years.
- Experience in EPC contractor and understanding of technical terms.
- Knowledge of applicable design standards covering Instrument & Control Design/Engineering and applicable accessories such as API, FCI, IEC, IEEE, ISA, ISO, NACE, NFPA, Etc.
- Experience in preparing proposal and ITB
- Experience in Overseas Project
- Knowledge of automation and control systems (DCS,PLC,ESD, etc)
- Have a stable employment history working with EPC Companies on long term contracts
3. Special abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Ability to form and maintain good working relationships with a wide variety of people at both senior and other levels
- Ability to work with discretion and tact
- Ability to work without direct supervision and use initiative
- Ability to deal effectively and appropriately and in a professional manner with all personnel
4. Other requirements
- Thorough and accurate with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to compile and present reports
- To present themselves in a business-like manner
- Prepared to adopt a flexible approach to working hours and arrangements
- To have a clear understanding of and commitment to the aims and mission of the Company
About the Company
About the Company
GS E&C has established its status as a top-ranking company domestically since its foundation in 1969 by achieving tremendous growth in the fields of architecture, civil engineering, housing, plant, environment and power plant.
Through continuous development of its human resources, acquisition of technologies, determined challenges and practices, GS E&C has set forth the stepping stones to leap as a Global Leading Company.