Fabrication Site Engineering Manager – FEED Oil & Gas
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
SSA are recruiting on behalf of a leading International company who are putting a team together at FEED Stage for a major upstream Oil & Gas Development in Russia.
The roles will be based in Moscow and are not rotational positions.
Fluency in the Russian language is ESSENTIAL for this position and candidates who cannot demonstrate competency in the Russian language will not be proposed for the roles.
POSITION TITLE: Fabrication Site Engineering Manager
REPORTS TO: Fabrication Site Manager; Project Manager; Functional reporting to Facilities Discipline Manager
SUPERVISES: Facilities Lead, Discipline Engineers
• Manages interface with Home Office engineering.
• Leads / responsible for planning, delivery, and quality of engineering support for fabrication / construction activities.
• Ensures contactor’s engineering processes and procedures are adequate to fulfill contract requirements.
• Maintains alignment within the PT on project engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
• Communicates and collaborates with the PT and EMDC Functions on engineering activities, progress, and issues
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide overall engineering leadership and expertise.
• Supervise and administer PT’s engineering staff and ensure roles and responsibilities are in place and clear.
• Oversees and administers contractor’s engineering effort in compliance with Project Objectives and contractual, technical, safety, quality, weight, cost, and schedule requirements.
• Stewards contractor’s engineering activities to ensure that:
- All affected parties are familiar with engineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements and that processes and tools are fit-for-purpose.
- Contractor staffs the project with adequate numbers of qualified personnel.
- Contractor employs the appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software
- Contractor adheres to all appropriate project requirements, e.g. specifications / standards, and that any deviations are properly reviewed and approved.
- Contractor provides all contract deliverables.
- Contractor controls the work in compliance with approved processes and procedures.
• Ensures coordination between Home Office engineering staff and fabrication site engineering staff.
• Ensures timely engineering support of fabrication / construction activities.
• Ensures (in collaboration with Quality team) that fabrication / construction are completed in accordance with design and that as-built records are provided and maintained by responsible parties.
• Ensures (in collaboration with Quality team) that any required Regulatory engineering documentation is provided.
• Reviews and determines acceptability of proposed design changes.
• Fosters relationship with fabrication contractor’s construction engineering team.
• Reviews design work and incorporates constructability input from fabricator and Company experts via MOC process.
• Provides support for claims evaluation and settlement strategies for claims related to engineering deliverables.
• Maintains close liaison with appropriate members of PT (Safety, Project Services, Execution, Construction, Systems Completion, Quality and Regulatory).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• BS / MS degree in Engineering
• 15+ years of closely related professional experience, 10+ years in major upstream capital projects with some experience working at actual fabrication / construction site.
• Broad and extensive knowledge of:
- Design standards, specifications, codes and appropriate safety criteria.
- Facilities and structures design, construction and operations.
- Engineering administration.
• Expert to advanced level proficiency in major capital project management.
• Proven general management capability, leadership, mentoring, and supervisory skills.
• Sets and achieves high standards.
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, general interest mindset and ability to address conflict constructively.
Fluency in the Russian language is ESSENTIAL for this position
Applications will only be accepted from those who satisfy this requirement.
About the Company
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.