The Highfield Company
Facilities Engineer – Libya
We are currently working with a large PMC Consultancy who are looking to employ an experienced Facilities Engineer to be based in Tripoli, Libya.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
• Act as the focal point for consolidating specialist input in the various Oil & Gas disciplines, such as Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural and Process.
• Provide expert technical knowledge and advice to operations management as well as other departments or divisions as required. In particular with regard to: piping, valves, fittings, heaters, tanks, nozzles, vessels, filters and exchangers.
• Working efficiently and effectively with other specialist engineers in order to ensure the smooth operation of the plant.
• Supervise the implementation of modifications and improvements to projects being carried out in-house.
• The facilities Engineer will manage the engineering and construction of projects on new and existing oil and gas facilities, focusing on quality control, scheduling and budget.
• Project work includes the design, construction and documentation for the following: Oil treating systems, Water handling, Filtration and treating systems, Heat exchanger and cooling systems, Gas Compression Facilities, Gas Processing Facilities, Metering, tankage and injection facilities, Vapour recovery systems, Other field facilities and supporting infrastructure.
• Work closely with Operations, Production and Facility Engineering staff to ensure the design and technologies used best suits the applications.
• Define deliverables (Cost, Schedule, Quality and Safety) from the design and construction team and drive them to deliver.
• Work on the start-up and commissioning of the new facility projects.
• Be knowledgeable and work according to, applicable Guidelines, Directives and Regulations with regards to Environment, Safety and the relevant Safety Associations.
The suitable candidate will hold a degree in either Chemical or Mechanical Engineering and will have the following experience:
• A minimum of 10 years relevant post graduate experience is required.
• A vast level of mechanical / facilities knowledge rather than a single / specialist discipline
• Extensive experience in the Oil & Gas market.
• Extensive experience in designing, building, operating, the monitoring and maintenance of production/process equipment.
• A high level of computer literacy
• Excellent English language skills – both verbal and written
• Membership of a recognized engineering institute is preferred
Our client offers a fantastic opportunity, providing an attractive salary, working an 8 weeks on / 3 weeks off rotation.
Please note, this is a single status position.
Should you wish to discuss the role in more detail then please forward your CV immediately.
About the Company
About the Company
The Highfield Company is a specialist recruitment consultancy that focuses on the international construction and engineering industry sectors. With combined recruitment experience of more than 20 years, the directors have worked on technical and management positions at all levels, from Graduate to Executive, and for many of the Construction industry's leading companies.
With experience of sourcing candidates for assignments in over 100 countries, The Highfield Company is perfectly equipped to service the needs and requirements of any construction, property or engineering based employer anywhere in the world. Our consultants are specialists in their designated disciplines, which include Building & Construction, Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, PQS & Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Consulting Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical and Facilities Management.