Facilities Maintenance Manager – Al Futtaim Motors
Al Futtaim Group
Al-Futtaim Automotive occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute toÂ their brands worldwide growth.
Today, Al-Futtaim Automotive is synonymous with brands such as Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler and VolvoÂ which enjoy undisputed leadership in the UAE in terms of the largest number of vehicles on the road. We also hold exclusive franchises for some of the world's top automobiles and automotive products like Hino - Japan's leading heavy-duty vehicle manufacturer, Toyo & Chen shin/ Maxxis tyres, GS & Panasonic batteries as well as the franchises for Hertz Rent-a-car - the worlds largest rental and leasing company and FAMCO heavy goods Machinery.
The Facilities Maintenance Manager will have the overall responsibility to ensure that the facilities are fully operational with all utilities are functioning properly, the building systems and equipment are in regulatory compliance, and that relevant areas of the facilities are maintained at a high level of standards. Specifically, this position will have the responsibility to operate, inspect, maintain, validate/calibrate, and repair on an on-going basis all of the buildings utilities, air-conditioning, water, electrical, drainage/waste, building structure, process and security systems. This position will also responsible for all equipment maintenance, will be communicating with contractors, studying proposals and providing support to all departments in the company.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
* Review job requests and work orders daily to determine work load priorities.
* Supervise corrective and preventive maintenance activities on MEP systems to provide continuous supply of HVAC, electricity, gas, and other utilities required for operations.
* Perform routine facility inspections for conformance with operational and safety requirements and standards.
* Implement, monitor, and follow policies and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and provide efficient use of labor and materials.
* Requisition tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
* Follow strict tool control and other company and client policies.
* Provide training and orientation of workers to improve work performance, provide safety, and acquaint workers with company and client policies and procedures.
* Inform and confers with supervisor to resolve maintenance problems and personnel issues and recommends measures to improve operations.
* Keep supervisor informed of the progress and status of all open work orders, projects, staff attendance, and other activities to help ensure adequate use of resources and timely completion of work orders in a cost effective manner.
* Become familiar with and ensures compliance with OSHA regulations and standards.
* Interact professionally with the public, vendors and staff; maintains effective working relationships and works in cooperation with the site management team to effectively meet client and company objectives.
* Respond to all emergencies as requested.
* Prepare records, reports, and other documentation related to work performed as requested.
* Evaluate staff and makes promotional and disciplinary recommendations; ensures staff is trained in complex maintenance activities and is following established, standard operating procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Suitable candidates should have the following skills and experience:
* A degree in an engineering discipline
* 10 years of experience with at least 5 years of experience in a managerial role
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills with sound understanding of existing business systems and processes
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work independently (self-starter and self-motivated).
About the Company
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Group’s continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Group’s belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.