Facilities Manager – Soft Services (Female)
Purpose of Job
The purpose of the job is to provide financial and technical management and expertise on a designated portfolio on behalf of clients, either directly or through the selection and management of outsourced service providers. It further provides soft services management and expertise on new and existing properties managed on behalf of clients, either directly or through the selection and management of outsourced service providers and development of new business and settling down management thereof. Soft Services includes:
cleaning, security, landscaping, waste management, pest control, and associated services.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Management of relevant service providers, ensuring they are competent in their appointed
disciplines and provide JBI and their clients with the correct and most cost-effective service in their
line of business.
· Interact with the occupants to ensure positive relationships are maintained in the Property.
· Design and establishment of suitable operational procedures to ensure that service delivery is consistent in frequency of requirement for their designated areas and devises methods and procedures for effective control of this function from both a cost and effectiveness point of view.
· Manage expenditure on operational matters, in line with JBI’s authority limits.
· Ensure the delivery of high value added recommendations to the client.
· Stays abreast of market and competitor performance for benchmarking purposes.
· Lower operational costs by levering off a large procurement base.
· Analyse tenant / customer satisfaction surveys and implement the necessary action plans.
· Drafting, implementing and management of all service level agreements.
· Drafting, implementing and training of all emergency procedures.
· Provide an effective management resource in the “public areas” and “back of house” for the full
operating time of the University.
· Personally and directly respond to and manage all occupants’ complaints, furthermore ensure that
these complaints are properly resolved to JDI standard.
· Respond to and oversee the initial response to any emergency situation in accordance with
· Ensure that help desk and customer service desk staff are meeting required standards.
· Ensure the defined standards and attention to detail is maintained at all times by Security, cleaning,waste removal, parking and electronic surveillance service providers.
· Ensure that all staff and service provider staff uphold the standards required
· Acquire a thorough understanding of the maintenance obligations at the lease/customer agreement to correctly apportion cost for any required work.
· Complete daily shift reports and copy to affected team managers.
· Ensure that any contractor working in the centre complies with the general House rules and the
Occupational Health & Safety Act in terms of Safe working procedures and PPE.
· Raise and address any immediate or outstanding maintenance issues with the help desk follow up with on site maintenance teams and provide face–to–face feedback to tenants.
· Ensure compliance with the company IMS relevant to the position
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The ideal candiate would be an Arabic Speaking Female candidate that meets the criteria below.
· Relevant Technical Qualification with 2-3 years operational delivery experience.
· Management of Cleaning, Security, Waste management, Landscaping, Pest Control, and associated services.
· Experience in retail, commercial and industrial properties
· Good communication skills
· Computer literate – MS Office and CMMS software
· Technical ability
· Flexibility to work on a shift basis with other shift managers to ensure a continuous service from 8h00 to 24h00 daily 7 days a week.
· Good problem solving skills
· Contract Management
· Ability to work without supervision
· Good people skills
· Management experience
· Ability to compile and manage a budget
· Development of strategic plans and long term objectives
About the Company
About the Company
Serco improves the quality and efficiency of essential services that matter to millions of people around the world.
The work we do for national and local governments involves us in the most important areas of public service, including health, education, transport, science and defence.
Our private sector customers are industry-leading organisations in a wide variety of markets.
We have nearly 50 years' experience of helping our customers achieve their goals. Many want us to improve their productivity and service quality. Others need us to support their rapid growth. Government customers face crucial issues such as economic development, congestion, security and climate change. They value the innovation and passion we bring to these challenges, and the collaborative, flexible and imaginative way we work.