KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
- Deliver customer excellence safely, to budget and in a way that maximises our score on the Contract Performance Management Scorecard.
- Highly motivate their team creating a culture of openness and collaboration in accordance with Carillion Values
- Lead, develop and retain staff to deliver services in an efficient and effective manner. The candidate will be expected to performance manage staff as required recognising local labour laws; often needing direct and objective communication.
- Set objectives for direct reports and review bi monthly. Ensure same approach and mechanisms for all staff within their area of responsibility
- Support the team and develop excellent relationships with appropriate members of the team, suppliers and partners within the region they are responsible for.
- Manage Regional Customer Experience Programme and corrective action plan
- Maximise contract profitability and enhanced value by understanding client needs and Contract requirements, maximizing the services delivered (such as vending, catering or other services, in line with the contract scope) increasing Contract scope and variable works and championing excellent customer care.
- Comply with all statutory, Carillion Alawi IMS, security and relevant company and client policies to create a positive health and safety culture.
- To support and lead the introduction of operational best practice into the region as directed by the Account Lead and work stream specialists.
- Actively contribute to the Carillion Alawi Contract Senior Management Team to achieve contract betterment.
- Engage and highly motivate their team, to achieve exceptional service and minimise attrition.
- Set clear objectives and targets for their teams and performance manage poor performance.
- For the camps, buildings and assets under their control deliver the contracted scope of service safely, to set budgets and standards.
- Maximise the score of the Performance Management Scorecard.
- Owns the Forward Maintenance Report (FMR) for their region; in conjunction with the Account Director and work stream specialists present and receive sign off for the Plan. Typically planning 1-2 years ahead.
- Maintains effective internal and external client or user relationships within own area of responsibility, being sympathetic to cultural diversity.
- Delivery of the Regional Customer Experience Programme and Corrective Action Plan.
- Applies high level technical skills across a range of functional or business activities.
- Focuses on providing input to the annual business, financial and people plan for the specific contract,
project or specialism
- Works within set budgetary guidelines.
- Translates plans and requirements into realistic budgets and targets for sub-teams.
- Promotes innovative ways to add value and reduce costs within the team.
- Work with the client, suppliers and partners to maximise value through delivery of variable works and increasing contract scope through the contract framework
- Responsible for the overall resourcing of their Region.
- Set team objectives and targets in accordance with Contract framework set by the Account Director.
- In conjunction with their camp leads, set optimal roster patterns recognising statutory regulations.
- Recognise the Oman National Objective and promote Omanisation.
- Full management control of people resources and is responsible for implementing disciplinary actions up to and including dismissal.
KNOWLEDGE AND APPLIED SKILLS
- Possesses knowledge of one complex functional or business area
- Experience of managing camp living quarters in remote locations and the services associated with them.
- Track record of success in supporting a major business contract, Business Unit or region and/or providing support to a professional function
- Likely to have in excess of 5 years managerial and / or technical experience. Potentially a Member of a Professional Body with Intermediate Level Qualifications as a minimum.
- Relative experience in Oil & Gas sector will be added advantage
About the Company
About the Company
The principal activities of Carillion MENA cover a broad range of civil engineering, infrastructure and building works as well as integrated facilities management. They are based on providing integrated solutions tailored to meet Client demands and achieve successful completion, safely and efficiently, on time and on budget.
Using core knowledge, competency and experience, Carillion MENA pragmatically approaches a contracting opportunity to ensure that the project is achievable and also satisfy the corporate values of openness, collaboration, mutual dependency, professional delivery, sustainable profitable growth and innovation.
The principal activities of the Company are summarised below:
• Commercial and Residential Building
• Specialist Buildings & Facilities
• Civil Engineering
• Infrastructure Works
• Industrial & Utility Projects
• Contracting Strategies and Responsibilities
• Integrated Facilities Management