After registering as a jobseeker, I received 7 serious interview calls within a short span and now have found my dream job. Thank you GulfTalent.comRead More
Female Graphic Design Lecturer / Assistant Professor
Dar Al-Hekma College
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Faculty have the responsibility to teach courses offered in the program in their area or areas of expertise. Other duties include conducting scholarly research, academic advising, supervising undergraduate students in the field, committee service and curriculum development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructing both lecture and studio courses as per the program curriculum.
- Supervising students in the field.
- Advising students on individual academic program and registration plans.
- Participating in departmental functions and College wide committees.
- Collaborating with Director and faculty on curriculum planning and development.
- Conducting scholarly research.
- Possession of a Master Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or related field.
- Bachelor Degree can be considered if professional experience exists in the related fields.
- Must be well versed in communication design and demonstrate expertise in graphic design, typography, print and screen based media.
- Bring interpersonal skills and have preferably teaching and practice experience.
- An interdisciplinary and collaborative approach to design is preferred.
About the Company
Dar Al-Hekma College is the pioneering project of the Al-Ilm Foundation, which was established in 1999 with the objective of providing state of the art higher educational facilities and services through academic institutions such as colleges and universities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Dar Al-Hekma College is a premier non-profit institution of higher education for women in Saudi Arabia and a leading model of teaching and learning institution, nationally and internationally. The medium of instruction for all degree programs is English language.
Dar Al-Hekma College currently offers four year bachelor’s degree programs in six majors with up to 142 credit hours and a liberal arts component comprising of a variety of general education courses. The academic programs at the College were developed by the Texas International Education Consortium (TIEC), Austin, Texas as part of the larger contract to design the complete blue print for the various divisions of the College.
Located in the cosmopolitan city of Jeddah, on the shores of the Red Sea, the College has been built and equipped to the highest international standards and designed to provide the best teaching and educational resources and facilities for its students, faculty and staff.